Wilderness Lodge

pbharris4

DIS Veteran
Now I know why a lot of people like WL! Went there for dinner and checked out the place. We just added 50 pts on at that resort (didn't feel like waiting for BCV) and I love the place! We used to camp when I was very young. I have always liked the woods and camping, but not the "camping." Perfect! The pools ARE very crowded! We just stepped outside and looked at both the main pool and the smaller pool by the villas. Wow! They NEED to do something about that. I have never seen any other pools more crowded than that at the other resorts. I can't wait to stay there!

Hi,

Glad you liked it! Mom & I love it too!

Glad you enjoyed it. I think WL/VWL has a bit of a polarizing effect due to the very strong theming. People either love it or can leave it. On the Resorts Board they are on their 5th "why I love WL" thread with literally thousands of people having shared their love of this resort. Here's a link to the latest incarnation of the love fest: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=658804

Thanks for sharing your impressions. Though it does make me quite homesick! :)

We own all our pts there. We love it! Looking forward to a stay there in Dec. Glad to hear it made such an impression on you.

The pools want be quite so crowded other times of the year, especially the quite pool by the villas.

WL is my favorite place to visit each trip for a walk around the main lodge and to eat at Artist Point. We have stayed in the lodge, but have not stayed in the villas there yet. I have a hard time convincing myself to stay in something that looks like home. ;) I did borrow some good decorating ideas from them though!

we stayed at VWL this past Feb/March--MISSING IT! We all just fell in love with it. The last week of Feb, 1st week of Mar, pools are uncrowded--in fact empty frequently! The guys went swimming & found it very lovely--not cold for us, but note we are from NH.
Love the theming. I remember camping, back "before the earth's crust cooled" --DS16's words-- in Northern Ca w/my family & yes, it does look like the lodges-

Jean

We just love the WL and VWL. We didn't stay there last year, so it will be GREAT to get back! (Just over two weeks to wait!) While going through pictures from our last trip, I couldn't resist creating an updated Slideshow. ;)

VWL One Bedroom Slideshow

DVC could learn a lot from your slideshow. These are the types of unit photos I was looking forward to seeing (for each resort) on that marketing DVD they sent us a few months ago. Buyers want to see lots of pictures from an actual unit and not schematics. Nice job.

Thanks guys! :)

Johnnie Fedora said:
DVC could learn a lot from your slideshow. These are the types of unit photos I was looking forward to seeing (for each resort) on that marketing DVD they sent us a few months ago. Buyers want to see lots of pictures from an actual unit and not schematics. Nice job.

I have to agree with this 100%. After being disappointed with the various Disney planning and DVC videos, I just wanted to really have some detailed tours of the various DVC units. My goal is to eventually have them all. ::yes:: I've been slowly creating the Flash Slideshows which I think are a bit more 'fun' to watch. I have to get BCV updated as well...both a one bedroom and a studio waiting to be done. Hope to do that after our trip.

My wife and kids are fully trained now! ;) They know that I will be snapping about 50 pictures of the room as soon as we go in. :teeth: That way I try to keep all our luggage, etc. out of the pics.

Thank you for your terrific pictures, I agree that you provide exactly what a prospective DVC member is looking for. It certainly helped me make up my mind.

A big THANK YOU to Tagrel on his fantastic site! I have had it bookmarked and reference it often! Your slide shows are very creative, informative and alot of fun. I use the point calculator all the time too. I wish the dvc dvd was half as good as your site is... you have probably hooked more people into buying DVC by viewing your website then people receiving and viewing the "offical" dvd!

Our first stay at the villas was in January -- the odd cold spell then seemed perfect for the Northwest theme. It reminded us why we liked the lodge so much when we stayed there some years ago. Add to that first class theming, the great restaurants, lovely walking path to FW, proximity of the large lake, closeness to MK.

The only drawback is if you have a wheelchair the boat to MK can be a bit difficult. We did it once then took the car from then on. Minor point that only required an adjustment in travel mode.

We are trying to add-on there with a small resale.

In terms of superior theming we place three Disney resorts at the top of the list -- AKL, WL/VWL and GC in DL. And that says a lot since we are impressed with all of the resorts and how well designed they are.

Johnnie Fedora said:

Enjoyed the show Tagrel! Thanks!
Yes! we agree. what a downer when we didn't get real pics!

Jean & Chris

JimC said:
The only drawback is if you have a wheelchair the boat to MK can be a bit difficult.

JimC, I'm told that is one of the reasons the WL added a direct bus from WL to MK. It's bus stop #1, the old TTC bus stop.

jarestel said:
JimC, I'm told that is one of the reasons the WL added a direct bus from WL to MK. It's bus stop #1, the old TTC bus stop.

jarestel,

Thanks! I'll put a note in my file for future stays.

Tagrel..what a wonderful slideshow! VERY impressive! Thank you.

On another note: when we stay there would it be possible to ask for a room on the first floor by the pool? And do they have kid's activitites? I heard about a scavenger hunt (not sure if it was there though). I love how you get that "camping" feeling, but aren't really camping!

We hope to make our first trip to WDW next year.

Can someone describe the VWL boat launch to the magic kingdom. In particular -- where does it drop you off at the park? Does it drop you off outside the park, and then you enter through the front gates the same as if you took a bus? Or does it drop you off at another park entrance, specifically for boat entry?

Granny said:
Glad you enjoyed it. I think WL/VWL has a bit of a polarizing effect due to the very strong theming. People either love it or can leave it. On the Resorts Board they are on their 5th "why I love WL" thread with literally thousands of people having shared their love of this resort. Here's a link to the latest incarnation of the love fest: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=658804

Thanks for sharing your impressions. Though it does make me quite homesick! :)

I agree with Granny 200%. When purchased our contract it was sight unseen just because it was the Wilderness Lodge. I have sent many of my friend to this property and every one has come back and raved about it for weeks and for the same reason Granny gave... the theme of the place. It brings back childhood memories for me when I was a kid and went camping with my dad in the woods...

The VWL was the only DVC resort we would have pruchased at... I remember watching it being built on cam when they had that online before 9/11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter