• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wildfires in Canada

Nothing to add about the current situation, but I remember visiting Vancouver Island on a day when wildfire were heavy. I saw a line of brown clouds coming in and the air was hazy.

I can't imagine how you are doing in New York. I'm in DC and it's awful. I already have a dry eye condition and I feel like every piece of dirt in the world is sitting in my eyeballs right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day for us.

My son lives in New York north of nyc. He said it’s pretty bad. Fortunately he works indoors. It’s bad enough here in the Cincinnati area and going to get worse. I can’t imagine being in some of these other areas.

I live just outside Hershey, Pa and when I walked my dogs last night around 11:30pm It smelled like there were 10 chimneys smoking on my street. It was crazy to me

It's been terrible. I'm worrying about how long it will last. You can smell the smoke and there is a constant haze in the air. Schools have to keep the kids inside for recess. It got really bad the last 2 days.

We're in upstate NY (like 25 mins. to the border) and man today and yesterday have been rough. You could see and smell it a lil Mon., but yesterday and today have been much more extreme. All districts in the area are not letting kids outside and lots of end of yr. field trips have been canceled. It's smelled like you're sitting next to a camp fire for the last 2 days and has given me a bad headache. So ready to have fresh air again. So sad for Canada.

We're in upstate NY (like 25 mins. to the border) and man today and yesterday have been rough. You could see and smell it a lil Mon., but yesterday and today have been much more extreme. All districts in the area are not letting kids outside and lots of end of yr. field trips have been canceled. It's smelled like you're sitting next to a camp fire for the last 2 days and has given me a bad headache. So ready to have fresh air again. So sad for Canada.
I'm much farther south than you, but I have never experienced this in NY! Does this normally happen with wild fires or is it just the bad luck of how winds blow?

Terrible in central NJ today.....I have to be outside to do my job and wore an N95. I still have a bit of a sore throat and my eyes are really irritated, feels like there is grit/sand in them. Man, I hope this doesn't become a regular deal, but fear we're going to see more of this. Awful.

Heard from Pa that it is a mess right now. People are using their old Covid masks to walk around outside, Asthma is already bad in the area with the Pollen pushing up trouble and no rain so people are being told to stay inside and only use fans to move the air around in the house. One friend told me people need to use their headlights to drive during the daytime, yikes!

Heard from Pa that it is a mess right now. People are using their old Covid masks to walk around outside, Asthma is already bad in the area with the Pollen pushing up trouble and no rain so people are being told to stay inside and only use fans to move the air around in the house. One friend told me people need to use their headlights to drive during the daytime, yikes!

Yup, everyone's headlights that are set on auto went on around 1pm here today.

We are 20 miles north of NYC and today was horrible!! Looked like the end of the world. My throat is scratchy and have itchy eyes. A weird orange glow but dark at the same time all afternoon. You can smell the smoke too.

I’m in NY too and it’s pretty bad, like a brown fog and a smoky smell in the air. I can even smell it inside my house.

I'm much farther south than you, but I have never experienced this in NY! Does this normally happen with wild fires or is it just the bad luck of how winds blow?
Wind speed and direction are a factor, made worse by climate change.

I am in Philadelphia. I walk the toddler I watch on Wednesdays home about 10 mins to meet his mom because neither one of us have cars (both our families only have one car and our husband's had them today) so we meet halfway. It was awful and not my idea. My eyes were watering and I needed my inhaler as soon as I got home. The air is completely hazy and it smells like smoke. I have all windows closed. This is nuts!

Yeah, I’m in the Toronto area. It’s definitely bothersome. I feel bad for anyone who has to work outside.

I’m in northern Ohio right near Lake Erie and yesterday it was pretty overcast. Today is better, I can see a little blue sky again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter