Will 10 yr old like SW?

Lisa In NJ

Earning My Ears
We're going to WDW for 6 days in May, and have been there 4 times - so have seen just about everything in the parks. We are planning to get a 4 day WDW hopper pass and go to Universal one day, and possibly SW another day since my 10 year old son has never been to SW. He doesn't really seem too excited about going to SW.
Is there a lot to do there for a 10 year old? My husband and I were there before he was born. Do you think we should just skip SW, and spend that time at WDW?

Thanks for your help!!
Lisa

Go! Go! Go!

What child wouldn't be thrilled by feeding live animals? The shows and rides should interest him as well. After going to WDW several times, SW will be brand new. I would go to SW before Universal though.

Oh yeah, he'll be thrilled. The park has changed alot in the last few years.
Get to the park before they open, which is 9am. They'll let you into the first part of the park 15 minutes early and then you walk up to the ropes. At 9am the anthem plays. Walk quickly to Journey to Atlantis, then do Kraken. Sometimes these rides don't open until 10am, but I think that they'll be open now with spring break here. He'll want to go on these rides many times, and in the morning, you can get walk-on rides before the crowd shows up.
Next you can see some shows. The dolphin show is next to JTA. Then you go around the back of the park to see the Sea Lion show. Have an early lunch at 11am to beat the crowd at the hospality center, then go see the Shamu show.
In the afternoon, go feed the dolphins at the Key West area. Bring lots of money for this, it's $4 for 4 fish in a little cup. Window opens at 2pm, 3pm, and 5pm. You'll want a few cups for this.
Go on their web site and look at all the things they have to do. www.seaworld.com

They will love Kraken, and JTA. We loved them!
They may also like Terrors of the Deep and the manatee exhibit.
The dolphin feeding is cool, and the sea lion and otters are pretty neat as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter