Will Ben pass the Disney Test?

Turtlegirl

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
It's been 3 years since our last visit (which wasn't our favorite). Can we recapture the magic? More importantly, can DD1's significant other keep up with us and will he even like DW?

CoC: me (Daisy) 50, DH (Donald) 55, DD1 (Beauty) 25, DD2 (Stitch) 13, DD1's beau (Beast) 26.

Nov 9-15 (Mon-Sun) 6 nights in 2 BR Savannah view villa at Kidani Village.

Original dates were Sun-Sat, but older kids had a wedding to attend the first weekend. Did not like returning home on Sunday to face work and school the next day.

Rented the villa through a DVC owner. Wanted space since its our first time traveling with Ben (Beast). Very reasonable $ per point. Would have preferred Jambo House but wanted the configuration with 2 Q beds in the 2nd bedroom (only available at KV, not JH). Owner was great to work with and required 1/3 1/3 1/3 rather than half or all up front. Also considered BCV but rooms appeared worn and outdated and cost more due to the great location. Background: we've stayed mainly at the Poly and AKL, sometimes splitting stays between the 2.

Purchased park hoppers for 6 days from UT, over $100 cheaper than purchasing through Disney. Had no problem linking tix to hotel ressie and magic bands. BTW, this was our first experience with MB and FP+.

Jet Blue from BOS had us at MCO by 9:15 a.m. Tiffany Town Car greeted us promptly and we stopped at Publix for supplies. We have always been on the DDDP in the past but found we ate too much and meals took too much time. In addition, the cost for the 5 of us would have been $550/day $3,300 for 6 days. We don't do counter service but found we were able to enjoy our favorite TSs for less than the DDDP cost.

Our villa wasn't ready so we left our luggage and grocery purchases with bell services and were at DHS by 11 a.m. KV has monitors at the bus stop that show when buses to the parks are due to arrive. We found these accurate for the most part.

Had fast passes for TSM, ST, ToT for 1130-1230, 1230-130 and 230-330. Didn't need/use FP for ST but couldn't cancel without canceling our other FP selections. Waited about 25 minutes for RnR. Then did TSM, walked on ST and were ready for our ADR at Mama Melroses for 1:15. They were running behind so we saw the Muppet Show and then our table was ready. Food was delicious. I am always shocked by TS lunch prices+- $25/ entree but sitting down at lunch is very enjoyable for us. After ToT FP we were able to get RnR for late evening after the first Fantasmic Show. Rode the GMR and watched the Stunt Car Show. Waited for ToT (our favorite) and had dinner resides at HBD at 530 where we just had appetizers and rolls. Walked through the Osborne lights ( for the last time:-( and went to the 7 pm Fantasmic show, awesome, as always. After our FP RnR we left DHS to check into our villa. I had received a text earlier letting me know it was ready with the room location on a map. I had requested sunset Savannah close to the lobby. Got Sunset about halfway to the end 3rd floor. The only thing with online check in is you don't get a great greeting and we had to ask for a paper map of the resort. Villa was huge with a third bathroom with shower off the living are and 3 contiguous balconies. There was a one month old baby zebra on our Savannah! There were a few cleanliness issues with the kitchen and bath cabinets but not a big deal. We had a wonderful full first day and were in bed by 10 or 11 for EMH the next morning at Epcot...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter