• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Christmas decorations in Parks/Resorts still be up Jan 4, 2018?

bigturkey12

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone
We will be at WDW one day on Jan 4, 2018 and I am wondering from all the veterans on this board if we have hope of seeing the Castle lit and decorations still up at the Wilderness Lodge? Thanks so much

Maybe. Odds are the castle will still have the lights on, but they may just be on when it gets dark with no lighting or anything. We have gone down for the Marathon weekend a handful of times, with each year being different, but within a week or so of NYE, the parks are usually about 60-75% back to normal on average.

I was there this past January the week of the 6th. All Christmas decorations at the parks were still up :o

Last edited:
For those observing the Julian Calendar, Christmas will not yet have come, so one would hope the decorations would not yet have come down.

I was there this past January the week of the 6th. All Christmas decorations at the resorts were still up :o

I was at POFQ the first week of January this year. All traces of Christmas decorations were gone when I woke up and headed down to the foodcourt/lobby on January 3rd. I imagine they stay up a bit longer at the Deluxe resorts.

I was at POFQ the first week of January this year. All traces of Christmas decorations were gone when I woke up and headed down to the foodcourt/lobby on January 3rd. I imagine they stay up a bit longer at the Deluxe resorts.
EDIT EDIT EDIT

I meant parks not resorts! My apologies everyone!!!

When do they decorate?

The parks? They start pretty much ‘now’....Christmas should be covering all of DHS by next Wednesday or Thursday based on JBJB and Sunset Greetings...MK needs to be ready for the first party.

I believe Epcot is usually last because they wait for food and wine to wrap up...

Resorts tend to go up a little later...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter