Will Columbia Harbor House do this?

calie_j

DIS Veteran
DD loves tuna and there's nothing on the kids menu she's like. Our card will say 1A1C, will it be a problem to order her the adult meal with tuna or since they do half sandwich's ask for that in a kids meal? I was going to share this with her but now I'm planning a late night and think we'll need a bigger meal, or is the tuna big enough to share?

Thanks, Calie

When you order, at least in my experience at most CS service restaurants they don't even glance around at who you are with and who you are ordering for. Go ahead and order her the tuna and get something for yourself too. Don't bring attention to it, asking to do say a half sandwich substitution for kids - it will only make things confusing- just order the two adult CS's and don't worry about it! I'm sure others can verify this, CMs will not say anything- they are way too busy getting everyone's meals together to worry about childs and adult credits. Also, when you look on the receipt when they print how many meals you have left, they bunch all the CS, TS and snack credits together and don't even mention a child or adult credit. Have a great time!

You can probably order 2 adult meals without any problem, although some CM may give you a hard time with this--just ask for a manager. My suggestion might be to order one adult meal to share (get an extra cup of ice to split the drink...or I usually just drink water). Then if you are not full, get the other adult meal. We frequently find that one CS feeds 2 of us! Of course, that will mean standing in line a second time.

Another alternative--eat the one meal....if want more in a few hours, get another CS.

Actually, CHH is one of the places that warned me that DD had to have a kid's meal before I ordered. A lot depends on which CM you get and whether you're willing to spend time waiting for a manager to deal with it..... Many CMs wont' ask, but some do.

That said, if there's a kid's meal you're ok with, you could eat that entree, let her eat the sandwich (not that you can't have part of that...), then split the sides and drinks according to who's hungry and/or has a larger tummy. :) Not a perfect solution, but you'd get 1A/1C and still both have a decent amount.

That tuna sandwich is pretty filling! Depending on your daughter's age and appetite, half of it may be plenty.

You could try to do it and most likely will not have a problem but be prepared to be denied. They could deny it for two reasons. First your card says 1A1C and you are trying to order 2 adult meals. Of course if it was for 2 adults and I were questioned I would ask for the manager as ordering for two adults should be OK.

The second area, and this is not ambiguous at all, is that you are ordering an adult meal for a child and paying with the dinning plan. Here the plan is crystal clear (one of the few areas that it is clear on) and if using a credit for a child meal you have to order from the childrens menu. If you get denied you could ask for the manager and explain the situation but you are relying on them to make an exception to the rules. Just be prepared if they say no.

I totally understand what you are talking about with the kids menu. They are limited but in this case the rules for the plan are pretty clear.

Good luck with it.

Thanks, I'll try to order 2 meals :rolleyes1 and if I can't I'll just share with DD and get something later at Cosmic Rays to split with her also :lmao: That might even be a better idea to get chicken strips at Cosmic Rays later and take them to eat while waiting for the fireworks, have to look at the menus again.

Calie

I don't know if you're still reading this thread, but on Tuesday at MK last week we were not able to order 3 adult meals with our 2A 1C card. I didn't ask, just tried to order them, and was told I couldn't. I ordered a kids meal that no one really wanted instead of the fish that DS did want.

The tuna sandwich is pretty large. DH & I split it, plus we picked at the kids chilled chicken meal.

Gillian said:
I don't know if you're still reading this thread, but on Tuesday at MK last week we were not able to order 3 adult meals with our 2A 1C card. I didn't ask, just tried to order them, and was told I couldn't. I ordered a kids meal that no one really wanted instead of the fish that DS did want.

The tuna sandwich is pretty large. DH & I split it, plus we picked at the kids chilled chicken meal.

Most places won't let you order more meals at the same time than you have listed on your card. You need to order, then get back on line and order again.

we didn't have a problem here with that, we ordered the tuna for my son because he didn't like anything else, but we also were allowed to just get a bowl of chowder for my dd as a meal, they were really flexible. I would have my dh stand in one line and order it and you can order the other two in your line. I mean your kid has to eat.

Gillian said:

Thank you for the real world report. Just like everything disney it depends on the CM and isn't consistent. I've decided to not even bother to try for 2 adult meals; I'll split the tuna with DD for dinner and use the 2nd CS credit at Cosmic Rays for chicken strips & fries with cheese sauce to share while we wait for the fireworks. Less stress that way since I don't have another adult to go thru the line seperately.

Calie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter