• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Costco Instacart Deliver to Bell Services?

herrmannpt

Mouseketeer
We are coming in late next week. 11 of us total at AKV Jambo across 3 rooms (one two bedroom and two studios) for 8 nights. We are planning to eat most breakfasts and several lunches in the rooms. Has anyone had experience with making a VERY large Costco Instacart order? I'll tip well, but I'm worried that an instacart shopper won't want to mess with our big order. Can the order be left with Bell Services or do we need to be present? I assume if we order any alcohol, we'd have to be present???

We are coming in late next week. 11 of us total at AKV Jambo across 3 rooms (one two bedroom and two studios) for 8 nights. We are planning to eat most breakfasts and several lunches in the rooms. Has anyone had experience with making a VERY large Costco Instacart order? I'll tip well, but I'm worried that an instacart shopper won't want to mess with our big order. Can the order be left with Bell Services or do we need to be present? I assume if we order any alcohol, we'd have to be present???
What does Bell services do with 8 nights of provisions for 11 people? I don't understand how the resorts can operate like that and have the ability to provide standard service with enough carts and manpower to even deliver incoming luggage to rooms. Is there any guidelines on these orders?

If you’re doing a same day direct from Costco’s website, they will definitely deliver no matter the order size. You can put the order in and then choose the delivery date too. At Kidani, it seemed to me the delivery knew exactly where to take orders with minimal efforts being from Bell Svs during the delivery. I saw lots of vendors bringing things in and they just seemed to know where to go. What went on behind the delivery doors, I don’t know. This was pre-Covid though, so things may have changed. We use Garden Grocer exclusively and never had a problem.

What does Bell services do with 8 nights of provisions for 11 people? I don't understand how the resorts can operate like that and have the ability to provide standard service with enough carts and manpower to even deliver incoming luggage to rooms. Is there any guidelines on these orders?
I'm not talking about Bell Services holding it for hours and hours. We are just getting in very late the night before, so I know we will not get an early start the next morning and that is our only AK day. I'm planning to make it for an evening delivery, and hopefully we will be back when it arrives, but you never know how long Disney Transportation will take. I just want to know we will be ok if we aren't there. We will need Bell Service's help to get it all up to our room anyways. Of course we will tip accordingly.

Grocery deliveries to Disney resorts, especially DVC resorts, are so common that they’re routine for Bell Services to handle, and I have never seen a report of Bell Services refusing to accept a grocery delivery because it’s “too large.” There may or may not be a delivery charge in addition to the tip if Bell Services delivers the groceries separately from checked luggage.

You are correct, in general you will need to be there to accept alcohol, although I have seen that one of the grocery delivery services (can’t remember which) will take a scanned image of your driver’s license when you order and will deliver alcohol without your being present to accept it.

I ordered delivery from Costco last summer (Instacart). Even though I had the correct address and told the person delivering to leave it at bell services, she insisted that wasn't allowed. I called Bell Services at the Riviera (we were having lunch at Epcot at the time) and they said no problem. Finally got the person to agree to deliver and she left it at the wrong resort!! The amazing staff at the Riviera called around to find it but couldn't figure out where it was left. I contacted Costco and they made it right--redelivered my whole order the next day.
Found the order about 3 days later at Old Key West. Not sure how that happened. I gave all of the nonperishables in the original order to the bell service staff.
So, yes, they will deliver. I am, however, rethinking my order this year since it was a big hassle and I don't want to deal with that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter