Will Disney cancel the Halloween Parties (for Irma) and keep the money?!!

Part of my schtick...

The point is that the prices are completely arbitrary...and we have to say "no" or there will be no limits.

Didn't you just attend less than a year ago?

Or did you mean "everybody else" needs to say "no" or there will be no limits

Didn't you just attend less than a year ago?

Or did you mean "everybody else" needs to say "no" or there will be no limits

I went to the Disneyland version which I had never been to before...and i said "no" permenantly less than 2 hours into it...

Gotchas only work if they are applicable. I have made my decisions and they stand to help the masses, not hurt them by being clueless and driving prices up without limit.

I went to the Disneyland version which I had never been to before...and i said "no" permenantly less than 2 hours into it...

Gotchas only work if they are applicable. I have made my decisions and they stand to help the masses, not hurt them by being clueless and driving prices up without limit.

You attending just last year (with all the others) is exactly what keeps things popular and prices rising, from weddings to party's etc.

Very easy to tell others not to do something.

You attending just last year (with all the others) is exactly what keeps things popular and prices rising, from weddings to party's etc.

Very easy to tell others not to do something.

It's actually very easy to do what I have already done:

Lapse annual passes

Cut travel to Disney parks dramatically

Reject after hours/hard ticket events (which is a no brainer after my last exlerience)

No fireworks viewing, no exclusive riding tours

No dining plan

All goes to the bottomline...their vulnerable spot.

Still contributed to the issue being discussed, can't be argued.

Still contributed to the issue being discussed, can't be argued.

And if you were actually arguing the point: wreckless spending contributing to price gouging...I would concede the point to you.

But you're not, as you have proven daily that you make excuses for those policies, invite them, and ask Iger to smack you on the face with a wet fish as you leave the magic kingdom...

So now IF the Party on Tuesday the 12th, does still happen, I think that it might be fair to assume that it will be far more crowded (with people from Sunday, the 10th)... which will definitely impact the quality of the experience for all. I think that most of the folks who choose a Tuesday in September are aiming for the lowest crowd count possible - myself included. Will Disney recognize that fact and offer options that address this issue as well?

So now IF the Party on Tuesday the 12th, does still happen, I think that it might be fair to assume that it will be far more crowded (with people from Sunday, the 10th)... which will definitely impact the quality of the experience for all. I think that most of the folks who choose a Tuesday in September are aiming for the lowest crowd count possible - myself included. Will Disney recognize that fact and offer options that address this issue as well?

The bad news is: your right.

The good news is: they've been overselling them/decreasing the experience anyway...so it's a wash.

Many people would have canceled/taken the refund. Florida isn't where you want to be for the next 5 days or so.

I think that's pretty low on their list of priorities right now. They have much bigger fish to fry.

You may have just been posing a rhetorical question, but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they have the slightest worry about having too large of a crowd at something.

I will say this - they have maximum number that they will sell for a Halloween party. No one knows exactly what that number is, but I don't believe that this would cause them to go over that number. If the event was "sold out" due to people wanting to move, they would just tell those people they can't pick that date.

Now if you bought tickets to the September 12th event because you thought it would be low crowds, and now it doesn't have low crowds, well I don't think Disney will give you much sympathy for a refund. And rightly so I might add. While you can certainly buy tickets to a certain event using that as a guideline, there's no guaranteeing when you bought the tickets it would be low crowds. Now if you called Disney and said, "I need to move to a different nights because Irma did such and such to my plans" then it's quite possible they would be kind and accommodate you, but they certainly wouldn't for the other reason.

I will say this - they have maximum number that they will sell for a Halloween party. No one knows exactly what that number is, but I don't believe that this would cause them to go over that number. If the event was "sold out" due to people wanting to move, they would just tell those people they can't pick that date.

Now if you bought tickets to the September 12th event because you thought it would be low crowds, and now it doesn't have low crowds, well I don't think Disney will give you much sympathy for a refund. And rightly so I might add. While you can certainly buy tickets to a certain event using that as a guideline, there's no guaranteeing when you bought the tickets it would be low crowds. Now if you called Disney and said, "I need to move to a different nights because Irma did such and such to my plans" then it's quite possible they would be kind and accommodate you, but they certainly wouldn't for the other reason.
I don't know if that's true. We were there for a party on a very cold night in December once. That caused them to cancel some of the entertainment and they offered one day park tickets or tickets to another party night. The party 2 days away was already sold out, but a number of people we talked to at that next party said they were there on that replacement ticket. We didn't even know they had offered the comp tickets that night, but we felt like we had gotten our money's worth so were good with it.

You're sorta right...

And the following is actual experience combined with educated conjecture:

The max occupancy of mk is about 100,000 if I remember correctly...

The Halloween max is probalby in the 30,000-40,000 range. (Which I'm think is a moderate-high average daily rate, but condensed into half the hours of the day)

The old Eride...the last true limited ticket event (they are "hard ticket events" now...which is a definite difference) was 12,000-18,000 or so (can't remember exaclty)

So say the cap for Tuesday sales is 30,000?
Does that mean they not let in 10,000 overflow? Absolutely not
Will you know the difference? Maybe...but can't prove it.
Will they tell you nobody above what they promised is in? Yes.
Is that honest? No way, hurricane Jose!

I will say this: after Disneyland last year (which Jade tried to make a sly point out of but pooched it and fell)...I have little doubt their daily max is the exact same as the Halloween max...it was awful.

The space of mk at least mitigates that a little.

I don't know if that's true. We were there for a party on a very cold night in December once. That caused them to cancel some of the entertainment and they offered one day park tickets or tickets to another party night. The party 2 days away was already sold out, but a number of people we talked to at that next party said they were there on that replacement ticket. We didn't even know they had offered the comp tickets that night, but we felt like we had gotten our money's worth so were good with it.

Ahhh...you sniffed it out::yes::

It's actually very easy to do what I have already done:

Lapse annual passes

Cut travel to Disney parks dramatically

Reject after hours/hard ticket events (which is a no brainer after my last exlerience)

No fireworks viewing, no exclusive riding tours

No dining plan

All goes to the bottomline...their vulnerable spot.

I feel we have different attitudes about Disney - but I have also done 3,4 and 5 above. Where we agree most is that it's best to be a discerning Disney fan, and don't just accept whatever they throw at you and say "Oh well, it's Disney!" I've rejected the hard ticket events because they are so expensive versus what you get, but as I've stated many times I appear to be in the minority. Everyone needs to make that judgement on their own. If lots of people continue to pay these prices - they'll keep going up.

So say the cap for Tuesday sales is 30,000?
Does that mean they not let in 10,000 overflow? Absolutely not
Will you know the difference? Maybe...but can't prove it.
Will they tell you nobody above what they promised is in? Yes.
Is that honest? No way, hurricane Jose!

I will say this: after Disneyland last year (which Jade tried to make a sly point out of but pooched it and fell)...I have little doubt their daily max is the exact same as the Halloween max...it was awful.

The space of mk at least mitigates that a little.

Well - I will agree the "max" probably has some variations. They may limit sales to 30,000 and then allow a "cushion" of 5,000 for issues at other parties. Who knows. Just saying that PP will have a hard time arguing that they expected it to be low crowds as a reason for a refund.

I feel we have different attitudes about Disney - but I have also done 3,4 and 5 above. Where we agree most is that it's best to be a discerning Disney fan, and don't just accept whatever they throw at you and say "Oh well, it's Disney!" I've rejected the hard ticket events because they are so expensive versus what you get, but as I've stated many times I appear to be in the minority. Everyone needs to make that judgement on their own. If lots of people continue to pay these prices - they'll keep going up.

I actually don't think we differ much at all...

I still want to travel and enjoy the things that I like...which is increasingly back at the hotel...

I just reject what I feel is declining below the 1:1 price to value ratio.

I used to renew passes automatically...but they're double what they are 10 years ago...so therefore I will pick my spots to maximize value. The additions are 10 years behind because they basically froze additions and increased price. Un Disney...Un sustainable...and ultimately destroying the disney parks economic construct. Remember that bubbles always inflate and send off false signals before they bust.

If they increase food prices to a ridiculous rate...I never set foot in again (le cellier comes to mind...)

I'm not trying to bankrupt them...just level the playing field.

And the counter is always "maybe it's not worth it to YOU...but it's worth it to us"
While technically true...it's not a viable plan and is catastrophic to the whole clientele and disney.

All opinions are not created equal...one of the biggest myths in human history. I've been at this awhile...even an opinion - sometimes - can have a 99% chance of being completely right or completely wrong.

Often...actually

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter