Will Disney follow new CDC recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would support Disney if they bring back the indoor mask mandate and social distancing. When I booked our vacation those were the policies in place and the infection levels of the area were lower than they are now. I am fully vaccinated as is my entire family, we have no problem wearing masks indoors. It seems like the wise thing to do since many unvaccinated guests who should be wearing masks under the present policy do not seem to be following the rules.

I would be very surprised if they do not implement the CDC guidance.

I should have said - although I do think they will implement the CDC guidance, and will post signs at indoor venues, I am less certain they will choose to enforce it.

The CDC is trying to split the baby. Disney should do the same and adopt 'face covering' instead of mask. Buffs, bandanas, ect. if they feel the need to do something.

As for how long the back and forth last.....about 16 more months.

We visit in Dec and will wear masks indoors regardless and we are vaccinated. It isn't just Covid. I don't want any of your crud. No upper respiratory, no cold, no stomach bug. While 2020 wasn't fun, it was the healthiest I've been and we traveled to Florida twice.

Yes I will be waiting to cancel and see what happens. It is nothing I would do right now-the announcement just came out and Disney has not even made a decision. I do agree with the distancing-definitely would help. Masks indoors would not be as bad since they have to be worn on on transportation. I just hope they do not require them again outside. We will wait and see. Not doing anything drastic yet Karin1984.

We're going in December and have been considering this for a while. IMO, if it's "hey, put it on before going indoors" I'll do it and be fine with it. If they make you wear it everywhere in the parks - regardless of how "mild" or cool it is outside, I'm out and will cancel. Then goin during Easter...

For those of you saying that Disney should return to social distancing (which I would much prefer over masks), they’ve gotten themselves into a tough place because they’ve upped capacity so much that there is nowhere they’d be able to put everyone. There is no social distancing right now and the lines snake all over the park. If they chose to implement social distancing, the line would go from one end of the park to another for one ride.

For those of you saying that Disney should return to social distancing (which I would much prefer over masks), they’ve gotten themselves into a tough place because they’ve upped capacity so much that there is nowhere they’d be able to put everyone. There is no social distancing right now and the lines snake all over the park. If they chose to implement social distancing, the line would go from one end of the park to another for one ride.
not to mention they would have to cancel dining reservations for a lot of guests

not to mention they would have to cancel dining reservations for a lot of guests
Wouldn’t they have to cancel park reservations too? They couldn’t keep the park at full or near full capacity.

It is a bit catch 22. It seems like a lot of people were happier later spring/early summer when social distancing was still a thing compared to the huge lines and long waits. You need people to come back for a business to open up more shows/restaurants. But just having to deal with full capacity with no FP and limited offering is a PITA...

Wouldn’t they have to cancel park reservations too? They couldn’t keep the park at full or near full capacity.

It is a bit catch 22. It seems like a lot of people were happier later spring/early summer when social distancing was still a thing compared to the huge lines and long waits. You need people to come back for a business to open up more shows/restaurants. But just having to deal with full capacity with no FP and limited offering is a PITA...
I don’t even know how they’d go about cancelling park reservations. That would be a nightmare!

Anyone who thinks masks are somehow tolerable in the lines that are snaking through the park in 100+ degree heat/humidity, isn’t actually here in Disney yet. Indoors with air conditioning is one thing. Outdoors in lines though in Florida in August, yea, goodluck. If anything, I’d rather just social distancing with less capacity but we all know Disney rushed the overcapacity thing so that probably can’t logistically be reversed now.

Went last August with full mask mandate. It was hot.. with or without masks. Leaving on Friday to go again for 3 weeks.. planning on masks indoors regardless of mandate.. outside if mandated. Thankfully, we are all fully vaccinated (2 shots!) and driving down from Michigan. Stay safe everyone!

We were there in mid-July. We are all vaccinated, but we still wore masks whenever we were indoors in a situation where people were somewhat tightly packed --- like buses (Disney wasn't enforcing the policy) or indoor lines. I don't think that moving to an indoor mask requirement would be all that onerous, even if it would undermine some of the magic.

The thing that I worry about most for our September trip is table service dining. Disney has already re-opened restaurants to full capacity (or very close to it). At Oga's, for instance, the 4 of us were crammed into a small booth with 5 other strangers--at a table that can't even seat 6 comfortably. I doubt that Disney will be cancelling anyone's dining reservations. Accordingly, even if we are conscientious and mask up inside whenever possible, we are still going to be exposed to a lot of unmasked guests (many of whom are no doubt unvaccinated) whenever we eat at a sit-down restaurant. I suppose we could cancel our ADRs, but those are a very important part of the Disney experience for us.

I'm hoping that the delta variant in the US follows the pattern from other countries, where cases suddenly plummet about a month after the initial surge, for no explicable reason. If not, I'm going to have to reconsider our September trip. 😥

Just curious, for those that are considering cancelling trips if the mask mandate returns (which I completely understand) what are you planning to do with tickets? Just eat the thousands of dollars of cost?

Just curious, for those that are considering cancelling trips if the mask mandate returns (which I completely understand) what are you planning to do with tickets? Just eat the thousands of dollars of cost?

I have a cheap 2 day FL res pass, yes I'd eat it, but if I had a $500+ multi day pass I'd probably suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter