• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will DVC/OKW give up a chair?

Laurajean1014

<font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team<br><
A friend will be going to DVC/OKW in a few weeks. She hurt her back and needs a chair/recliner to sleep in. They are in a studio - there are no chairs other than the dining chairs in a studio. Correct?

I called Member Services and they cannot put a chair in the room.

They gave me a number for a medical company that rents equipment.

Do you think when my friend gets to check in or the room, and requests a chair be brought to the room, they would refuse her?

Has anyone had this experience? What did you do?

Thank you... :teeth:

I don't recall seeing a reclining chair while I've stayed at DVC or any property on-site.

My guess is that your friend will be the most comfortable if they get a chair from the medical supply company.

There are no recliners in OKW units, except maybe a GV...so if that is what she needs, she'll have to rent one.

I don't think there are recliner chairs in other units at OKW either so I don't see how they can meet this request. If she needs this it sounds like the medical place might be a good bet.

Plus if she should be there when the place is full, you would be asking them to remove furniture from another room, that person might not be happy!

I could swear I posted a response to this.

Personally, I think that in this case the response from the front desk will be no. Even if there is a suitable chair you would have to take another room out of service to give it to your friend since I don't think they keep a supply of spare furniture around.

disney does do the recliner.

chairs yes - recliners no.

she can probably get something from the doctor - to be able to use the bed.

these make you sit up.

I had to have one after surgery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter