Will free dining make it more crowded?

Allensfan

Mouseketeer
We picked Sept 10-16th because it was a low time of year....now I am worried that with the free dining plan will make it more crowded.

What are your thoughts on my dates?

:wave: M

We'll be there those exact dates! :wave2: We also did that week last year with free dining and it was still very unbusy. We walked on to rides, got into restaurants with no ADR (wouldn't recommend this though), etc. I suspect this year might be busier than last, but still statistically one of the slowest weeks of the year and a great time to go!

We'll be there the same time too! I also picked it before free dining because I heard it was the least crowded week to go. I was a little worried about free dining coming back and making it more crowded. (Especially because we're renting DVC points so can't take advantage of free dining :guilty: , we're paying for it, but our room is a lot cheaper! :thumbsup2 )

But last year even with free dining I heard that this week was still pretty slow. We went last year at the very end of free dining (10/2-10/6) and it had picked up and was busier then. I think it will be busier in August before schools gets back in and the end of September because of Food and Wine and MNSSHP, but I think the middle of September will still be ok.

Jennifer

It seems like the majority of people on these boards already had their trips planned. We were there at the end of August last year with free dining, and it was empty. We had already planned to go this year, with the DP, so this offer just saved us money (didn't change our plans at all).

keep in mnd - I was told that there was only 2,500 free dining plans offered (just waht I hear keep in mind) , and 2,500 more familes is not that much extra when you are at disney esp. over 1 + months!

momandseandodisney said:
keep in mnd - I was told that there was only 2,500 free dining plans offered (just waht I hear keep in mind) , and 2,500 more familes is not that much extra when you are at disney esp. over 1 + months!

Really? Then I am sooo glad I got up early and booked my vacation this AM! I swear, I could just dance! I am so happy. It raining outside and I have a sick DD at home but I'm in a great mood!

Hi nluvwithmickey,

Did you have any problems getting the resort you wanted. I'm waiting to hear from my TA whether she was able to add it to my current reservation. I really don't want to switch resorts.

I felt as if last year it was a bit more crowded then previous years the same week, but nothing to fret over. We did have horrible luck with ADR and had to eat where I could get in and when, and i called at the 90 day mark. That was the most unpleasant part, but it was free so modifying what we would usually do was well worth the free dining. We ate a couple places we didn't care for at all and I knew this year just not to eat there.

I called saturday and really had no problem with reservations. Had HUGE VARIETY of choices.

Allensfan said:
We picked Sept 10-16th because it was a low time of year....now I am worried that with the free dining plan will make it more crowded.

What are your thoughts on my dates?

:wave: M

You'll be fine! Especially with your dates. Last week of September will likely be much busier. I was there the end of Sept. for free dining last year and it was a tad busier than other Septembers but still not bad.

I am so envious that people are getting free dining, but then in a way I am glad we are going to miss it by two weeks. I am hoping we wont be as busy because it wont be free dining..

Last year it seemed like the restaurants were more crowded during free dining, but not the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter