Will I be able to get 4th, 5th + fastpasses after 3 or 4pm at MK on a heavier crowd day?

mickey765

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to get 4th, 5th + fastpasses later in the day for times that are within the hour on a heavier crowd day? Like can I get a fastpass for Pooh at 3pm for 4pm? Or how about a Haunted Mansion or Small World at 3:15 for 4pm? Which are the easiest fastpasses to get?

I was there a couple of months ago on a day that Touring Plans rated a 10 (and it felt like a 10) and I was able to get fastpasses all day aside from Seven Dwarfs. I was even able to get Peter Pan at 8pm. Easiest to get are all the kids rides (Dumbo, Magic carpets). But to be honest if you have patience and keep refreshing you can get almost every ride. Hardest will be Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, some of the meet and greets, and the Mountain rides.

MK has so many fastpass rides, you’ll definitely be able to get some after you’ve used your 3. Micky’s Philharmagic has Fastpasses available all day the last time I was there. Small World is usually pretty Eastyto get too. I’ve been able to get Haunted Mansion and Pirates, but sometimes my return times have been late in the day.

On a crowd level 9, party of 4, we could easily get Pooh, IASW and HM. IASW has a ton of availability, Pooh was the next easiest and HM took a bit more effort but still manageable. We had luck with everything but Seven Dwarfs, Splash (it was a warm day) and Big Thunder.

You can ride IASM with fastpasses all day if you want, I’ve always found it easy to get and then modify to immediate or close to immediate timing. Now whether you can keep your sanity after the fourth ride in a day, is anybody’s guess. My 2.5 year old made us ride it 3 times in one day two years ago. The third ride it stopped moving for what seemed like ten minutes in the last room but the music did not turn off. That was... not ideal.

We were a party of 4....the Monday before Thanksgiving.....very crowded. We pretty much didn't ride stand-by for anything. Our original 3 FPs were HM, 7DMT & BTMRR. We had PPO @ BOG so, rode 7DMT before the park opened and then headed to Space with the rope drop crowd......so, we never tried for Space or 7DMT.

But, we did get same day FP for Tinkerbell, Tea Cups, IASW, Pooh, UndertheSea, Dumbo & Barnstormer.
Several times I saw PPan & other rides but, we didn't need them. Never saw 7DMT or Jingle Cruise.
Even though those smaller rides don't normally need a FP....that day, even Tea Cups had a 30+ min wait.....and I'm not waiting 30 min for Tea Cups...LOL. I did have a lot of luck moving up times once I got the FP. So, don't be afraid to grab it even if it's not the perfect time.
I just go to the park knowing how busy it will be......and thinking I may not get to do too much.....and then I'm thrilled when I do!!

Yes, absolutely. The week of Christmas to New Years, we had no problem getting 8-10 FP+ per day. Including the Mountains, RnR, TSMM, TT, etc... Takes some refreshing, but definitely doable. MK is easiest of all. In 2017, we got Space Mountain literally back to back for our 3 kids. We had found one for them 10 minutes ahead. DW doesn't like it, so she and I got Pooh (that was easy). We got off before them, so I was playing around on MDE and got Space for 5 minutes ahead. So as soon as they got off, they went right back on.

Yes, absolutely. The week of Christmas to New Years, we had no problem getting 8-10 FP+ per day. Including the Mountains, RnR, TSMM, TT, etc... Takes some refreshing, but definitely doable. MK is easiest of all. In 2017, we got Space Mountain literally back to back for our 3 kids. We had found one for them 10 minutes ahead. DW doesn't like it, so she and I got Pooh (that was easy). We got off before them, so I was playing around on MDE and got Space for 5 minutes ahead. So as soon as they got off, they went right back on.

To expand on this, since I'll be going for a week this Christmas-- did you find that the extra Fastpasses were also a feasible option at non-MK parks? I figured MK would be the easiest since there are no tiers and lots of options.

To expand on this, since I'll be going for a week this Christmas-- did you find that the extra Fastpasses were also a feasible option at non-MK parks? I figured MK would be the easiest since there are no tiers and lots of options.

Yes, but not necessarily as easily. It took a bit of persistent refreshing to get top tier stuff like RnR (it was Tier 1 back in '17) or TT, but we got it. The only one we didn't get, we didn't try too much because it was likely pointless, was FOP.

Somewhat similar situation regarding an afternoon FP -

On a moderate 9am-8pm day, I have a 3-4pm FP for 7dmt. Am I better off trying to rope-drop it instead, which frees my other FPs up by 12:30pm, or just keep as is? Is there more of a benefit from the extra 3 hours of potential 4,5,6 FP or keeping it for 7D.

I was able to grab Navi River Journey on Thanksgiving day. I didn’t try for much else because the park closed at 8.

I didn’t have much luck at HS, but I didn’t try too hard. We took advantage of the early EMH so we didn’t need to get more FPs.

I had success at Epcot the Monday before Thanksgiving. Got Soarin twice back to back! Never saw Frozen though. Test Track came up a few times.

Yes, but not necessarily as easily. It took a bit of persistent refreshing to get top tier stuff like RnR (it was Tier 1 back in '17) or TT, but we got it. The only one we didn't get, we didn't try too much because it was likely pointless, was FOP.
I am a FP+ super user, and in my opinion, the availability is vastly different now than it was in 2017.

I am still able to get most rides with persistence, but it requires much more splitting of groups (looking for one at a time) and takes much longer. Additionally, the non-MK parks tend to get even more difficult later in the day because they often come up as done with distribution for the day, which requires more clicks just to get in to look.

I am a FP+ super user, and in my opinion, the availability is vastly different now than it was in 2017.

I am still able to get most rides with persistence, but it requires much more splitting of groups (looking for one at a time) and takes much longer. Additionally, the non-MK parks tend to get even more difficult later in the day because they often come up as done with distribution for the day, which requires more clicks just to get in to look.

Yes things have changed since 2017, I agree.

I did hear good reports last year about same day FP availability so I am hopeful. Otherwise I am not making major plans for extra FPS.

We were just there on Thanksgiving Friday. We didn't get to MK until about 4pm. We had Space, BTMR, and Splash as our advanced FP+. First FP window was from 3:45pm-4:45pm, and we left the park at around 11:15pm. We were able to get FP+ for the following after our first three:

* Space Ranger Spin
* IASW
* HM
* Barnstormer (2x)
* PotC
* Magic Carpets
* Under the Sea
* Meet Ariel
* Meet Tinker Bell
* Pooh
* Mad Tea Party
* Speedway
* There was also a FP for PP available, but we didn't take it. And we got to do PhilharMagic, Laugh Floor, Shooting Arcade, Swiss Family Treehouse, Move It Shake It, plus dinner and dessert later. We also could have easily gotten in line for 7DMT at the end of the night but we ran out of steam. So yes, it's definitely possible to get a bunch of same-day FP even on a busy day. Just refresh, grab, modify (either move up what you have or find something else that's sooner). As soon as I scan into one ride, I start looking for another until it's time to board. Rinse. Repeat.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter