Will I get Aulani in July?

tropicalstorm

Earning My Ears
Hoping for a 1 BR villa either PV or OV for 1 week starting around July 1st.

Not being an owner there I am having to take my chance when the 7month window opens.

I have been watching flight prices and would really like to book before they go even higher than they are now so can anyone give me an educated guess as to the chances of getting a room?

Nobody can really tell you for sure whether or not you will be able to get in but if you can be somewhat flexible you can probably get something. (This includes not only type of unit / view but maybe even arrival / departure dates.) Personally, I would not buy my airfare without having my ressie first. If I did that I would have to be prepared to stay somewhere else if I didn't get in. It would just add to the stress of booking to me so although the airfare thing is a real killer to wait on it's how I would do it. (But I am not a big gambler either.)

I think you have a really good chance for an OV room but there are not as many pool view rooms available so that category might be harder to book. Points are higher this time of year so I suspect it might even be a bit easier than June, to book, especially for those high point OV rooms. The standard views are actually the first to go bc of the low pint requirement and limited number of available rooms. I believe Aulani has the more OV category rooms than anything else, followed by IV rooms.

FWIW, I have booked Aulani twice only 3-4 months out and both times have been able to get the missing nights I needed by continually checking the website so you could always book whats available and have a backup plan to stay somewhere else if necessary if you are concerned about locking in airfare now. I currently have 6 of the 7 nights I need for February but when I originally made the booking a month ago, I only had 4 of the 7. I "found" the other nights by checking the website daily. I do have a waitlist in place but in my experience, you will have better success checking the website yourself so you can grab the cancelled nights as they happen, not when DVC decides to run their waitlist check ;)

Good luck, OP!

Good luck!!!

I got a 2 BR this morning for June 28 - July 4 and availability was good! I didn't check 1 BRs, but I had choices for views on the 2 BR (I wanted, searched for, and got Pool View) by being online at exactly 8AM.

I can't wait!!!

Good luck!!!

I got a 2 BR this morning for June 28 - July 4 and availability was good! I didn't check 1 BRs, but I had choices for views on the 2 BR (I wanted, searched for, and got Pool View) by being online at exactly 8AM.

I can't wait!!!

I got the same dates, Whooo Hoo also a 2 bedroom pool view. I'm so excited too. :cool1: Yay for us! Good luck to the OP. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter