Will I regret our hotel choice?

As someone who stays at the values when I am not using dvc points, I’m happy with the refurbished rooms at the all stars or pop. If you are just using the room to sleep and shower the refurbished rooms are completely fine.

I’d stay off site. So many great resorts at similar prices for Disney’s version of a motel 6 which is what I compare the all stars too (albeit a nice motel 6). Gaylord, caribe royal, world center marriot are all great resorts which I’ve seen priced in the past the same as all stars. We’ve stayed at each and Gaylord is our favorite
I did look at offsite but honestly if I was going to stay offsite I'd just stay in a moderate, the pricing for what we would want just wasn't low enough. We are going at a more expensive time, Presidents day weekend, so there were not a lot of deals so late in the game. This was a last minute trip. We would also have to add in the cost of Uber because we do plan on drinking at Epcot.

Over the years, we first stayed offsite and then stayed at the moderates and then deluxes when my DDs needed separate beds. ( you can see in my signature!) Never thought we would stay at values. BUT … last summer my DD20 was doing the summer cultural exchange and we arranged a long weekend quick trip with her boyfriend and my other DD and her boyfriend. With the CM discount, we booked 3 rooms at all-star movies.

Well. We really enjoyed ourselves. The rooms are newly renovated with lots of plugs. We are not slide people so pools were refreshing enough. Food court had plenty of quick choices, and the bus experience was the best we’ve had and weren’t shared. It was such a good experience, that when I was asking my DDs where they would like to stay next summer for our immediate group of 4 - they requested all-stars! We are going to try the music suites.

The thing is bad transportation and rude neighbours can be found at all levels of hotels. the noisiest building we ever had was next to a boiler room at POR, and the loudest neighbours were at the Yacht club! It just doesn’t bother me as much when you’re paying a fourth of the price at values. :rotfl:

Since you haven’t been since the renovations, I’d say give it a try and save some $$.

That $500 could be you entire food and adult beverage budget!

You might find you really like the rooms now with the option of leaving the one bed up and having more space to move around.
Then that $500 savings could be paying for your next trip to an All Star resort 😃.

I second getting a preferred room at ASMu, or, if you'll have a car, requesting a room closest to a parking lot via TouringPlans request! I just was at ASMu in August, the only thing I didn't like was the long walk to the lobby from the Broadway Buildings.

The ASMu renovations are great - you'll have plenty of room for 2 people + luggage for 2 nights, especially with the murphy bed up. We had 3 adults in one room for 3 nights and we were comfy. (I can be a little bougie, so that's saying something!) Lol

The renovated rooms are great. The queen bed is comfy and easily first two people; I don't think you need to change.

We are going down to Florida for a business trip and adding on two days at Disney next month. My husband is a sweetheart and wanted to take me to Disney since we haven't been for since September 2020. Right now the plan is to stay two nights at All Star Music. We stayed there once pre-covid in a non-refurbished room. It was awful because the beds were so small. I understand now they are queen beds. We got a good deal and I'm trying to tell myself it will be fine. Most of our trips we've either camped in our own camper or stayed in deluxe hotels. Although we had a lovely stay years back at CBR.

I could switch to CSR for about $450 extra in a king room or POFQ (king room) for about $500 extra. It's only for two nights so that seems ridiculous but still within budget. How much am I going to regret staying in a value? It's only two of us but I'm older now and get cranky. Am I just being whiny? Oh and we are not open to close folks, we like midday rests.
Stayed once at All Star Music and never returned. Based on everything you stated CSR is a must change. Three Bridges is a wonderful restaurant that will fit your pace.

I have stayed in the refurbished All Star rooms and have a trip scheduled there later this month. With only two people, you will enjoy the extra space the Murphy bed gives you when folded up. I find the rooms to be as comfortable as a moderate for one or two people, and not at all uncomfortable for three or four (we did a ten night stay in a refurb room at Pop with three adults and had no issues). I would say it all boils down to whether you want to pay for the room upgrade, or maybe use that money for a special dinner or other experience.

We are going down to Florida for a business trip and adding on two days at Disney next month. My husband is a sweetheart and wanted to take me to Disney since we haven't been for since September 2020. Right now the plan is to stay two nights at All Star Music. We stayed there once pre-covid in a non-refurbished room. It was awful because the beds were so small. I understand now they are queen beds. We got a good deal and I'm trying to tell myself it will be fine. Most of our trips we've either camped in our own camper or stayed in deluxe hotels. Although we had a lovely stay years back at CBR.

I could switch to CSR for about $450 extra in a king room or POFQ (king room) for about $500 extra. It's only for two nights so that seems ridiculous but still within budget. How much am I going to regret staying in a value? It's only two of us but I'm older now and get cranky. Am I just being whiny? Oh and we are not open to close folks, we like midday rests.
You’ll be fine. I’m not a Value fan, but for 2 nights I think it would be completely worth it. Maybe “splurge” on a Minnie Van for a quick return for a break?

You’ll be fine. I’m not a Value fan, but for 2 nights I think it would be completely worth it. Maybe “splurge” on a Minnie Van for a quick return for a break?
Oh thats a good idea, I could totally justify that for going to MK.

I would book what is in your budget and enjoy yourselves. I know it's hard to do sometimes when you are a parent and are used to splurging for others, but when you have experienced better resorts it's hard to go back and do Disney any other way.

Everyone has different tastes/preferences. However, I stayed at All Star Movies about 7 years ago and wasn't impressed. It felt like a glorified motel, the food court was average and just didn't feel like it was worth the price. We were also very far from the pool and main lobby.

For my next trip, I'll definitely look at staying off site around Disney Springs or at an Air BNB. Those prices are usually comparable to the Values or Moderates and you get more bang for your buck. A lot of them too are so close they are basically on property.

Now in a perfect world, I could stay at Beach Club or any of the MK resorts all the time. But that's not how it works 😂

We stay often at all three levels of hotels and honestly the only problem I ever have with Values is the bus crowds, other than that I really like them. My wife and I even opted to stay at Pop for our 10 year anniversary trip and it's honestly one of our favorite trips as the Skyliner helped reduce the bus frustration.

I Have found no matter you stay you may second guess it. With that it depends you will essentially be there for 1 full day.... Are you going to parks or spending time at the resort. If it is just a place to sleep then.... If you can truly afford a nicer resort and will have 0 regrets about spending more money then you may consider staying at a more expensive resort. To each is own there is no right and wrong.

I've never stayed value but if I were doing a short trip value would be my pick. I am debating on a short weekend trip for MNSSHP with DD16. If we do go we will definitely be staying at an All Star resort. I figure if we hate it it's only 2-3 nights and not an entire 8-9 night trip.

I'd stick with music since it's just two nights. I've stayed at almost every resort on property (havent stayed at PORFQ, SS, WL, AOA or RIV) even stayed at SOG before it was military and camped at the fort in our RV. They all have their pros and cons. My only issue with the values is lack of a hot tub for my back (thankfully they still have bathtubs instead of just showers) and non shaded bus stops. I have a trip coming up in April with 2 nights at music and 5 nights at Dolphin. (If you are over 62 check old people discounts there, they are usually pretty good). Save the money and take the bus over to CSR for lupper and eat at three bridge

Unpopular opinion here, but I would pay to upgrade. I wonder if it might be worth it to look at a DVC resort for those two nights. Otherwise, I would do POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter