• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Last Week Of Feb Really Be Crowded?

momof1princess

<font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex
I was tentatively planning a trip to WDW the last full week of February (23rd-27th), right after the Princess Marathon, but someone told me the parks would be really crowded after the marathon, in spite of what the crowd calendars show (UT has it at 3s and 4s for most of the week). Now I don't know what to do. My husband's health has made it more important to go during cooler weather, and my birthday is that week, so it seemed like a really good idea. Thoughts?

It shouldn't be too crowded, hopefully. We went that week last year, and I thought the crowds were more on the moderate side. Noticed lots of the marathoners stayed thru the week.

I was there 2014 last week of February and I was unpleasantly surprised at how crowded it was. NOT summer or Christmas crowded--more like spring break. VERY manageable with rope drop!

The week before is usually a lot more crowded due to winter break in the northern states. That week is usually more moderate crowds. Just plan your fast passes for the most popular rides and make reservations at any table services restaurants and you should be good! The weather is beautiful that time of year!

We usually visit every other February, arriving near the end of President's week and staying through the last week of February. It seems busy through the first weekend,and then crowds noticeably drop off the last week.Some schools from the northeast have winter break either the third or fourth week of February. We saw lots of marathon runners around but it didn't really seem to impact crowds, in my opionion. The other event to factoring for crowds is when Madi Gras falls within those last two weeks that will impact crowds too, due to LA families leaving the area and going to Disney.

Thank y'all! I hadn't even though of winter breaks and Mardi Gras! Ugh!

I was there 2014 last week of February and I was unpleasantly surprised at how crowded it was. NOT summer or Christmas crowded--more like spring break. VERY manageable with rope drop!
Agree, we were there too, definitely was more than we were expecting

I was at MK on Feb 23 & 24 this year (a Mon and Tues). In general, it felt a little more crowded than our other trip 1st week of Dec, but ride lines weren't bad at all. we really didn't wait more than 10 min for anything. FP'd 7DMT and PP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter