• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Magic Bands from a prior trip work?

anne60

DIS Veteran
When I go into MDE, Magic Bands, I have magic bands listed from our last trip in October of 2018 and they are listed as "active". I have the park tickets I bought from Undercover tourist uploaded to my MDE and have my parks reserved. I have the bands to bring with us. Is there anything additional I will need to do in order to use these? We are staying off site.

Great question. A few years ago we were staying at WL and everyone else’s magic band worked except for DH (we coupdctell because he was the first one to open the hotel room door with his magic band) Well I had an OLD set with me as a back up (the skinny ones that first came out years ago), & the old one of my husbands worked no problem. We were able to fix his new set at the front desk the following day but as we were happy to have the old set as we had a dinner Ressies right at Epcot that night and were in a rush.

We always use our old ones, various colors and designs from over the years. As long as their Active, all good.

Magic Bands perform 2 different functions, one requires the internal battery to be functioning and 1 does not. Eventually, the battery will die and apparently can't be replaced. Several older threads about that.

1) Any tap feature will work fine, no matter how old the MagicBand is.

2) A handful of rides have automated PhotoPass (7DMT, Frozen Boats). That feature uses the MagicBand's internal battery, so it won't work after the battery dies. The battery is expected to last about two years.

Magic Bands perform 2 different functions, one requires the internal battery to be functioning and 1 does not. Eventually, the battery will die and apparently can't be replaced. Several older threads about that.
If you are using the MB for room entry, park entry or charging, it will work fine no matter how old. If you want it for Photopass on rides, the battery lasts about 2 years. After that, the ride will not pick it up and you will not have a photo attached to you (if that matters)

When I go into MDE, Magic Bands, I have magic bands listed from our last trip in October of 2018 and they are listed as "active". I have the park tickets I bought from ****************** uploaded to my MDE and have my parks reserved. I have the bands to bring with us. Is there anything additional I will need to do in order to use these? We are staying off site.
So I’m curious about what type of tickets you bought. The name of who you bought from us starred out. We bought our tickets through work but we able to upload them to our MDE and make park reservations. Our MB are active. But I’m wondering if we have to “ activate” the tickets at the parks. Our paperwork says we should and I plan to make sure on our arrival day since we don’t plan to do a park that day but want to rope drop the next morning. Anyone buy tickets through their company and not had to activate them?

do we have to have the MB for our trip next week if our tickets are in our app? I'm so confused with these changes and it's making me anxious that I'm going to miss out on things when we go next week because I haven't had time to absorb all the new info on Genie/+ and not getting Magic Bands sent to us. Disappointed with the no luggage tags and getting our own luggage too. 😕

So I’m curious about what type of tickets you bought. The name of who you bought from us starred out. We bought our tickets through work but we able to upload them to our MDE and make park reservations. Our MB are active. But I’m wondering if we have to “ activate” the tickets at the parks. Our paperwork says we should and I plan to make sure on our arrival day since we don’t plan to do a park that day but want to rope drop the next morning. Anyone buy tickets through their company and not had to activate them?
I did not buy them from my employer, but a site that I did not know was forbidden to mention here 😬

I did not buy them from my employer, but a site that I did not know was forbidden to mention here 😬
Lol. I’ve had that happen!! Did it start with a U? If so I’m not sure why they were banned on the Disboards. I first learned about them on here more than 15 years ago probably and they were always reliable. I guess they are a competitor now to some of the Disboards sponsors. But now we have access through my husbands company with “tickets at work” and I get a complimentary ticket from my work that I’ll probably have to show I’d so we’ll just go to the gate and make sure everyone is active!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter