Will May park hours be extended?

OhioDisneyDad

DIS Veteran
I've seen folks talking previously about park hours getting extended for April and was wondering the likelihood of May hours getting extended/changed? We're going to WDW the second week of May and have our ADRs and plans pretty much set. Thanks.

I think it’s pretty likely. They have been extending hours 2 weeks in advance in week long batches on Friday afternoons. This Friday the hours for the first week of May should be extended if they follow that pattern.

I'm going the same week you are (May 7-15) and I'm hopeful that they'll be extended. I'd be fine with the parks opening earlier tbh

I hope they get extended. We're going May 15-20. Changes in park hours will not have any effect on our ADRs or plans at all.

Would be surprised if they aren't. But you won't know until about 2 weeks before.

Maybe, maybe not. I have a May trip too, but I'd plan on the hours that are currently posted to be the hours that you should expect. If they extend it, great. If not, no big deal.

I think we may know if the first week is extended by Friday at the earliest since that's when they did their last extension for the end of April.

Thanks everyone for the insight. This is our first trip in while that's not just a quick couple day F&W visit so I'm doing a bit more planning. Of course booking last minute doesn't help things but I've been pretty lucky with ADRs and even happened to snag an unexpected Keys To The Kingdom tour! This will also be our first foray into the world of Genie+ but I'm reading and learning some of the tricks and tips so fingers crossed. :)

Down there 5/12-5/21---and noticed pretty good hours so far. What is expected to be extended? MK seems to be 10PM close most nights, so I can see maybe an 11PM close on a few days--but not sure what else they change? Maybe extend DS to 10?

Down there 5/12-5/21---and noticed pretty good hours so far. What is expected to be extended? MK seems to be 10PM close most nights, so I can see maybe an 11PM close on a few days--but not sure what else they change? Maybe extend DS to 10?
They have been extending earlier. I will give you a small word of caution to help in preparations- if they follow the recent trend, they are opening the parks at 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning, But breakfast doesn't start being available to order until 7:00 or 7:30... And there aren't really any breakfast places in the parks so if you are a person who eats in the morning and likes to get QS for that, you have to wait at your resort to eat breakfast then get on the bus. You can't even get to a park until an hour to an hour and a half after there have been people entering. It seems that everyone but Disney can do the math on that one, so if you plan to be anywhere for rope drop you need to bring all of your own breakfast food.

Second week of May had their hours extended. MK 9-11, Epcot 8:30-9, Hollywood Studios stayed the same at 9-9 and AK 7:30-8:30. I'm really happy MK has later hours but now I need to convince my group to wake up that early for Epcot and AK early entry....

Second week of May had their hours extended. MK 9-11, Epcot 8:30-9, Hollywood Studios stayed the same at 9-9 and AK 7:30-8:30. I'm really happy MK has later hours but now I need to convince my group to wake up that early for Epcot and AK early entry....
I'm glad for the later MK hours, but as not a morning people family, AK early entry is going to be rough... We love that park and FOP, so will probably end up using G+/LL more than I had initially planned and then we'll have to decide if we'd rather get there for rope drop or just stay until park close and hopefully ride FOP a second time at the end of the night.

I'm glad for the later MK hours, but as not a morning people family, AK early entry is going to be rough... We love that park and FOP, so will probably end up using G+/LL more than I had initially planned and then we'll have to decide if we'd rather get there for rope drop or just stay until park close and hopefully ride FOP a second time at the end of the night.
Yeah even as a morning person the AK hours are rough. I'm going with my sister and friend and neither of them are morning people so it's going to be tough to get them to come. I might just leave them behind and go ride FOP with a low wait on my own if they don't want to get up xD The MK hours being extended are great, I'm very happy about that.

I hope so. Touring plans expected MK to be open later on Saturday the 21st. Still hoping they are extended. We much prefer closing the parks down late at night over rope drop.

AK hours for 3rd week of May extended to 8 AM - 8 PM (were 9 AM - 7 PM). Still hoping for MK to be extended until 11!

I just got an email from Touring Plans saying AK updated their hours June 1-8 to 8am-8pm from 9am-7pm. These are most of my trip dates.

Does anyone think the typhoon lagoon hours will be later than 5 pm? That seems early to me

Does anyone think the typhoon lagoon hours will be later than 5 pm? That seems early to me
I agree it seems early for May, but I am not expecting them to be extended. We will probably go at opening one or two days so it wont really affect us though. We have so many WP days left from 10 day non-expiring tickets.

3rd week of May hours updated:
MK open til 11pm most nights
EPCOT, HS and AK opening 1/2 hour earlier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter