Will my 2 y/o need proof of bday for admission?

twixbar

Mouseketeer
We will be going to WDW about 2 weeks before my ds turns 3. Do they require you to bring a copy of the birth certificate for the toddlers under 3 that don't need an admission ticket? I just want to make sure before I show up there without something I may need.

Thanks!

We have never need it but have always carried a copy of DS's birth certificate just in case.He is now a tall for his age 10 year old. They have asked him many times at buffet meals how old he is. We have never been questioned about his age for admissions. I just feel better having it and it takes up no room is DH's wallet.

Jordan's mom

We took our two year old in May and were never asked for any proof of age. I asked a similar question before our trip and got many responses saying the birth certificate wouldn't be necessary for admission to the parks or at buffet restaurants where the two year old ate for free. Hope you have a great time :D !

Nope, we've never needed one. When we took our son when he was 2.5 yo he looked like he was closer to 4 than just past 2. We were asked several times for his ticket and we just said, "He's only 2" One CM did ask us his birthdate and it was satisfied that we could remember it (actually I think considering that he is our third child they were probably impressed that I could remember!)

but didn't need it. We went the week before DD turned 3, and she is also tall for her age.
I was asked more than once for her pass at the turnstiles, but just told the CM she was under 3 and they waved us through....one CM did say, "Oh, I see what you are doing" in a tone which made me think she thought we were trying to cheat the age requirement....oh well, I just smiled and went through.

Sometimes the birthdate might be on your insurance cards too....

And by the way, make sure your servers know that your child is 2 at sit down meals, they don't ask (at least never asked us) We were charged for several meals until we started paying attention to the bills.

Have fun!

Thanks for all the advice! I think his insurance card does have his birthdate. Great idea. Much easier to bring that than a copy of his birth cert.

:)

Lucky you! We're going a week AFTER my dd turns 3. And yes, we are buying her a ticket.

My kids are all very tall for their ages. My 11yo DS is 5'5". I carry photo ID's (from MVA) for my big kids (11yo and 9yo) just in case I'm ever challenged. So far I've never needed them, but like a previous poster there are times when I can tell they think I'm lying. Their bdays are on their insurance cards, too.

is that if we did not have it we would be confronted about it so we plan to carry DD's with us she will be about 6 weeks away from her 3rd B-day and a little tall for her age.

This should be fun for me.

We are taking our 3 year old twins (turned 3 on August 17th). The funny thing is that the little girl would pass for 2 easily (doesn't even weight 30 lbs yet) and she is the the oldest of the two by a minute. The boy can wear a 4T, go figure.

Imagine their surprise when I inform them that they are the same age and twins to boot. :teeth:

The CM are not allowed to make you prove your child's age. All they can do is ask. I have asked because we leave in a couple of days, our youngest is a week away from turning three.

Enjoy.

They don't ask....we took my now 7 year old ds when he was 2.5 and we walked right in (he was in the stroller)

Same thing with my 3 year old ds this past June....never asked for a pass.

You shouldn't have a problem at all.

my DSL told the CM that her daughter was 3 (she was 3.5) and the CM said "children under 3 don't need a pass". Again, DSL told her she WAS 3 to be told by the CM once again "children under 3 don't need a pass". Needless to say, they didn't get her a pass... I don't think they pay that close attention :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter