Will Ollivanders at Universal Orlando still "repair" wands?

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
Hi, we just got back from a trip to Universal Hollywood. My son tried to do the spells with his wand that he bought at Ollivanders in UO two years ago. When several spells didn't work, we took the wand to Ollivanders where the TM confirmed that the sensor in the tip was likely broken. I asked if they could repair it, and they said they don't do that anymore, but they could offer me 25% off a new one. I thought that was pretty outrageous, given that the wand has been in its original box since our last trip to UO and clearly the little sensor piece just breaks easily, and since I had heard that UO/IOA will just replace the wand. Does anyone know if UO/IOA still offers wand replacement, or is this a new across the board policy? Perhaps people were abusing it and bringing really harshly played with wands?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter