• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will people return to cruising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
I like to watch Don’s Family Vacations Cruise YouTube videos sometimes and wanted to share his recent one. He is a frequent cruiser and talks about cruising again and about WDW opening.

The 14 day post-cruise unpaid isolation is the biggest reason holding me back. I can't be away for 3 or 4 weeks away from the office.
Is that required now and I wonder for how long. We are booked April 2021

Is that required now and I wonder for how long. We are booked April 2021
Currently, if you travel out of country (well, anywhere) you must self isolate for 14 days upon reaching your destination. And again for 14 days when you return home.

The restriction can be lifted at any time, once this virus situation is "under control".

We won't sail again until July 2021, unless something miraculous happens with treatment or vaccine before.
Hopefully by 2021, we will have normalcy again, but who knows?
We are hoping for some kind of getaway for Fall, but it probably won't happen. My hopes are low.

So we still have one officially booked for Sept but it’s doubtful we’ll go. PIF is the first part of June so we have to decide soon but again, it’s doubtful, that’s IF they are even cruising so it may be a mute point. I’m just not sure HOW to cruise with social distancing and given this may come back with a vengeance in the fall.....we won’t be going anywhere. My DH and I were just saying a few days ago, we’ve been fortunate to have done all the trips we have given this current situation. Goes to show to live life at the fullest while you can as you never know what may happen. So to take a year off from traveling, we’re okay. With that said, we’re also looking forward to when things normalize enough but we’re also re-evaluate the type of trip we may now want to do next.

We will probably not cruise again until after a vaccine. Haven’t canceled my September cruises yet because I’m still holding out for a placeholder extension offer 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Before this virus, I was cruising 4-5 times a year. I’m going to be saving my cruise funds for a bright new beautiful tomorrow as long as we stay healthy.

We are rescheduled for next March. Our credits were only good until June 14, 2021. At this point, I don't know if it will be safe or if DCL will even be running (or will have been running and had to stop again) by next March. I'm holding on because I have until October at least to get my money back. I'd much rather cruise, but not under "safety" style conditions. I won't want to wear a mask everywhere (mask and bathingsuit?) I don't want to be suspicious of everyone around me and I want to be able to enjoy the amenities, not rush to shelter in place at the first allergy sneeze.

I can hardly wait - Feb 2021! Our cruise for May was obviously canceled but fingers crossed the Feb cruise won’t get canceled.

Can't wait to book more as soon as Disney drops the prices by 50%.
You'll be waiting a very very long time, Disney might reduce prices on resumption of operations but no where near the 50% you are expecting, on par, most prices will be at or just below what they were when the cruise lines come back. They know, especially DCL how much people want to cruise again, their call centers keep getting deluged by people asking when they can sail again, they're not going to undercut their own prices just to get people on board, there's plenty that will pay the prices that they were paying prior to Covid-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter