Will people return to cruising?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we have a B2B in September and another one for January 2021.
Enjoyed Don's vlog, the first time I've seen him. The only thing I am thinking about will be the "lesser experience" he discussed. We also go on cruises to "get away from reality". I certainly don't want masks on everyone, I can get that at the grocery store and Home Depot. And I don't want to be six feet from Mickey or Cinderella in a photo. Yes to the temperature scanners and hopefully a very quick test kit for everyone to submit to before embarking (crew especially).

I am really curious about the cruising. I am secretly hoping the prices will drop dramatically because of lack of interesting. I just don't feel like Disney ever has lack of interest. People will always book.

I hope to be on a Disney cruise soon.

But, only after this virus has settled down or under control. Don’t have a target date but would love to see it happen in 2021.

I am really curious about the cruising. I am secretly hoping the prices will drop dramatically because of lack of interesting. I just don't feel like Disney ever has lack of interest. People will always book.
Me too! If Alaska prices go down next summer I will be super happy. Not counting on it though.

We have Alaska booked for 2021 and we feel kinda ‘eh about it. Definitely don’t want to take one before there’s a vaccine. We aren’t die-hard cruisers and reading the stories of people being isolated in their rooms and then in these crazy places to quarantine forever....just sounded so so awful that now a cruise just don’t sound that attractive

Yes - August 9, 2021 on the Dream. If there is a 14 day quarantine ahead of sailing it will severely cramp my travel plans since we will be flying in from Korea.

We have an October cruise on the fantasy planned and are doing the East bound transatlantic next May. I’m not worried. We actually still have a June 27 fantasy 9 day cruise on the books. I’m not cancelling since we will lose money. I’m assuming Disney will cancel but if not we are ready to go.

We'll be back. Right now we are scheduled to sail on the Magic in March 2021.
We'll see what happens. I imagine it will slowly ramp up again as we move farther away from this pandemic.
People seem to have very short memories and will want to get out and live life again.

People have been trying to find a vaccine to various strands of coronavirus for a very long time and haven't managed it. I wouldn't pin your hopes on a vaccine unfortunately.

Covid-19 is getting much more attention than other coronavirus that have been out there. There are about 19 vaccines being testing now. Something will be found, vaccine or effective treatment, we have to be able to move forward.

Covid-19 is getting much more attention than other coronavirus that have been out there. There are about 19 vaccines being testing now. Something will be found, vaccine or effective treatment, we have to be able to move forward.

I do feel like we will have a treatment sometime this year, a vaccine maybe not counting on it and if we do we aren't going to need it then like we do now, won't be bad to have but people aren't going to be lining up for it crazy like they think they will.

I do feel like we will have a treatment sometime this year, a vaccine maybe not counting on it and if we do we aren't going to need it then like we do now, won't be bad to have but people aren't going to be lining up for it crazy like they think they will.

I can see a huge number of over age 60 with underlying conditions lining up. I, personally, don't want to spend the rest of my life having to isolate myself from my children and grandchildren and wearing a mask to leave my home.

We are rescheduled for next March. Our credits were only good until June 14, 2021. At this point, I don't know if it will be safe or if DCL will even be running (or will have been running and had to stop again) by next March. I'm holding on because I have until October at least to get my money back. I'd much rather cruise, but not under "safety" style conditions. I won't want to wear a mask everywhere (mask and bathingsuit?) I don't want to be suspicious of everyone around me and I want to be able to enjoy the amenities, not rush to shelter in place at the first allergy sneeze.

I agree on the safety measures. I’m going to have to see how the cruise line adjusts, what features are curtailed or taken away, and how they’ll handle denial of boarding (insurance will probably not cover covid so are you out a $7k cruise if a member of your party shows up positive the day you board?) and what happens if there’s a case at sea? With the above unknowns I can’t answer when my family will be ready to cruise again or specifically to pay DCL prices for a lesser cruise experience.

Yup and I'll be doing a lot of other things again too.

And I will also that no one will be cruising as long as the 14 day quarantine is in place. That too will eventually end.

I think it's going to be a while before cruising gets back to normal. The DCL diehards here and in other social media groups might be ready to go but I think it will take much longer for the casual cruiser to feel comfortable.

That depends on the pricing. If they keep prices high or only drop them a bit those ships are going to be less than half full.

Not to nitpick but there are over 60 vaccine candidates in development with us knowing by November if one of the earliest candidates is effective

I’m booked for Disney Alaska cruise at end of August, I’m patiently waiting since as of now Canada is not allowing cruise ships with over 50 passengers to port in Vancouver. I will wait it out, if it gets cancelled then I will rebook for 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter