• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will photo pass photographers take pics with my camera?

friedela

DIS Veteran
When we went to DW last year there were a few times I would ask the photo pass photographers to take a shot of me with my family with my own camera (after they got their own shot of course). I am a professional photographer and I have never been impressed with the images that DL staff gets, although I realize there are some shots that I would never be able to achieve (ride photos and other shots that are in very low light). But overall I much preferred my camera with my own settings to what the CM's got using their own equipment.

So my question is that this practice is very common at DW, but is it the same at DL? If I ask a CM to take a shot again but with my camera instead am I going to get a funny look? lol.

please understand that the photopass photographers you see everywhere at DW aren't very common in Disneyland. We bought photopass there last time and it won't happen again. At Disney World, absolutely. At Disneyland skip it, there aren't very many people out taking pictures.

Yes, they will. Even if you stand in the long line without using their camera. But also, don't be afraid to ask the person behind you to help out. People are very friendly when it comes to taking photos of others.

please understand that the photopass photographers you see everywhere at DW aren't very common in Disneyland. We bought photopass there last time and it won't happen again. At Disney World, absolutely. At Disneyland skip it, there aren't very many people out taking pictures.

Oh that's a bummer!

I feel like I see a lot more at DCA than DL. Here are some common spots where I see someone:

DL: Main Street (multiple spots and with characters), Partners statue, Tea Cup outside Mad Hatter, Sword in the Stone by Carousel, Mickey's House, Minnie's House.

DCA: Buena Vista Street, Storytellers statue, Hollywoodland, with Pluto by the Grizzly Peak plane, Cars Land entrance billboard, Car's Land outside Flo's, bridge to Pixar Pier, by the Pal-a-Round or on the boardwalk with characters.

There are actually a lot of Photopass photographers out and about, but you have to approach them to ask for pictures, and there are VERY few with characters. The lack of character Photopass photographers is a bummer, and it's a huge difference from WDW, where I think every character has PP (of course, WDW also doesn't have characters just roaming about or clustered in 8 places around Town Square at the same time, so, you know, trade-offs...)

The good news is that characters typically have character handlers who are able to take pictures with your camera, and if not, as a PP mentioned, often the people behind you in line are willing to help out, too. If you have a decent camera with you, I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting nice pictures!

Have your camera set up and ready to go, especially if there is a line of guests behind you. The CMs and other guests have always been quite friendly and willing to help with photos. And the pp is right that guests need to ask the CMs (PP or regular) about taking photos. The CMs are not supposed to approach you to ask about that.

Yes, they will. My camera is way better than theirs and I set the settings ahead of time so they just control composition and zoom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter