Will Solo be shown on May 28-Jun 1 Dream Cruise (release May 25)?

letsgoreds

DIS Veteran
Wishful thinking...but wondering how soon new releases are available in movie theaters on the ships. Anyone cruised close to a Star Wars release? Is there anyway to know what movie will be shown prior to boarding? Will they show PG-13 movies on the ship (assumption on rating)...might be a bigger issue?

Thank you!

You can call and ask... they frequently debut new movies at sea the same day they come out if it is their own IP. I would say your odds are good.

If it is a newly released Disney movie - especially less than a week old - I would say it is a 99.999999% chance it will be shown.

Big advantage of Disney owning the ships and the films - no lag time between theatrical release and ship release. Unless something really weird happens that doesn't allow them to get it.

Calling DCL now, 11 minute hold (thanks for the tip). A pre-premiere (US) sounds just like the Disney magic that keeps us coming back : )

Success! They were unable to confirm where or when it will be shown (theater vs. pool), nor times, just that it would be shown during our cruise. The Navigator can't come soon enough ; )

If it is a newly released Disney movie - especially less than a week old - I would say it is a 99.999999% chance it will be shown.

Big advantage of Disney owning the ships and the films - no lag time between theatrical release and ship release. Unless something really weird happens that doesn't allow them to get it.

This. I'd be shocked if it wasn't shown on your cruise. The bigger question is really what movies that are not current will still be showing in the theater. The current ones will all almost certainly be shown in the BV and WD theaters off an on throughout the trip.

I am hoping for a premEAR May 24 on our Dream Cruise. We have been lucky like that.

Are you debarking on the 24th or the 25th? If the 25th, then there is a good chance you'll have an opportunity for a midnight showing. That is what has happened to us before.

This. I'd be shocked if it wasn't shown on your cruise. The bigger question is really what movies that are not current will still be showing in the theater. The current ones will all almost certainly be shown in the BV and WD theaters off an on throughout the trip.

Are you debarking on the 24th or the 25th? If the 25th, then there is a good chance you'll have an opportunity for a midnight showing. That is what has happened to us before.

Yes, debarking on the 25th. For one of the SW premEARs they showed multiple times on the day before debarkation as well as at Midnight. I really have been lucky!

How early do people line up for movies? Is there a seat saving protocol (only save a certain # seats, or have everyone present)? I remember waiting a while for good seats for the shows. I need to look up theaters on this ship!

How early do people line up for movies? Is there a seat saving protocol (only save a certain # seats, or have everyone present)? I remember waiting a while for good seats for the shows. I need to look up theaters on this ship!

Seats are not supposed to be saved.

Sometimes, for the more popular Prem-EARs, they'll show the same movie at the same time in both the Walt Disney Theatre and the Buena Vista Theatre.

Success! They were unable to confirm where or when it will be shown (theater vs. pool), nor times, just that it would be shown during our cruise. The Navigator can't come soon enough ; )

We saw The Last Jedi in the Walt Disney Theater on the Fantasy (during SWDAS), so they aren't adverse to showing PG-13 movies in the bigger theater. We were also on the Magic when Inside Out premiered and they showed the movie in the Walt Disney Theater as well. It will either be in WD Theater or Buena Vista and they will most likely show it multiple times during the sailing. They definitely won't show it by the pool!

Wishful thinking...but wondering how soon new releases are available in movie theaters on the ships. Anyone cruised close to a Star Wars release? Is there anyway to know what movie will be shown prior to boarding? Will they show PG-13 movies on the ship (assumption on rating)...might be a bigger issue?

Thank you!
If it's a Disney produced or Disney distributed (USA) movie, they will have it onboard the ship.

You can call DCL within 2 weeks of your cruise and ask about what movies will be onboard for your cruise. BUT, they will not tell you about any PremEARS at Sea (new movies)that will occur during your cruise, only already released movies.

As that movie is being released on 25 May, chances would be great that midnight (between 24 & 25 May) there will be a PremEAR showing.

Also with a new big movie they will show it as one of the "shows" in the Walt Disney Theatre (evening entertainment) on a night there is no stage show. They will alter the start time a bit to allow movie run times. This is in addition to other showings of the new movie.

MJ

Also with a new big movie they will show it as one of the "shows" in the Walt Disney Theatre (evening entertainment) on a night there is no stage show. They will alter the start time a bit to allow movie run times. This is in addition to other showings of the new movie.

MJ
I suspect that may happen with Infinity War on our cruise coming up.

Do you think Infinity war will PremEAR on the 27th? We are on the dream on the 27th but it's a 3 day so there's no show night.

Wrinkle in Time premiered while we were on the Fantasy. They had an earlier-than-midnight showing the night before the actual premiere, but we were only notified of it when we got the navigator...it didn't appear in the app ahead of time.

T
Wrinkle in Time premiered while we were on the Fantasy. They had an earlier-than-midnight showing the night before the actual premiere, but we were only notified of it when we got the navigator...it didn't appear in the app ahead of time.

Thanks. We board on the 27th the day it premiers so hopefully it will show while we sail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter