• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will switching from swan to using new dvc points affect park reservations?

Disdreaming479

Mouseketeer
Will park reservations be at risk if I am able to book a room using my new dvc points? I already have swan booked but would like to cancel it if I can use points. Swan is linked to MDE but tickets not yet purchased. I do not have access to points yet.

If you don't have tickets, how do you have park reservations already? Also, why not just leave Swan on your account until points reservation is confirmed so that there's no gap?

If you don't have tickets, how do you have park reservations already? Also, why not just leave Swan on your account until points reservation is confirmed so that there's no gap?
I plan to keep the swan until I am able to to see if there is availability using points. However, I plan to buy tickets this week so I have reservations in place. I will likely not have points loaded for about two weeks according to the expected timeline. I’m just wondering if the reservations will remain or how to correctly apply new reservation / cancel swan reservation.

Park reservations are tied to the tickets so it won’t impact them if you update the room.
Is this accurate? When I booked my park reservation, as a pass holder, I selected which hotel reservation to attach the park reservation to. I had the same question because we have booked YC and want to cancel swan, but working to verify that I won’t cause an impact cancelling swan.
Thanks!

Is this accurate? When I booked my park reservation, as a pass holder, I selected which hotel reservation to attach the park reservation to. I had the same question because we have booked YC and want to cancel swan, but working to verify that I won’t cause an impact cancelling swan.
Thanks!

I have switched resorts and no change to park tickets has occurred.

If you are an AP holder and book connected to a reservation and then don’t have a replacement reservation then it might cancel them.

But for regular tickets, it does not.

Yes it will delete your park reservations if you linked them to your hotel reservation. If you made the park reservations without linking the tickets to your hotel reservation, you will be fine.

Thanks!
Book YC and make sure it's showing in your MDE account, then cancel Swan. You'll be fine because the system will still know you have a qualifying resort reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter