Will the characters HOLD an infant for pictures?

Alli and Molly's Mom

Earning My Ears
I understand with crazy people who sue everyone, WDW may have rules... but I would love to have my 4 month old's picture taken with as many characters as possible... it's the only way she will have any "memory" of the trip.
Kerry
taking the
:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

The characters like Mickey and Minnie have rather clumsy hands and limited vision, so they would not be able to hold a child. The ones like Belle and Cinderella would be able physically to hold a baby, but I don't know if they are allowed to (you never know when a baby will spit up or leave a damp spot on the lap). If that happens, it would mean a quick exit for the character and a change of clothes. Besides that, many babies cry when handed to someone they don't know, so they may not want to pick up babies for that reason. I have seen lots of times where the characters will bend down (or for the more mobile ones, even kneel down) to get close to a baby in a stroller. How about doing that or getting mom or dad in the picture with baby?

I think it depends on who you ask --

We have few different pictures of our son with characters in different places when he was 7mos old (he's now 2 1/2). We went in Jan.2001 and had breakfast at the Garden Grill in Epcot and the characters(Chip- N -Dale )sat on the floor with him but were holding him & playing with him. I was told they could hold him there as long as they were sitting down (as not to have to worry about falling down or dropping him) .

I asked if Donald Duck could hold him for a picture at the breakfast at Animal Kingdom and was told that they weren't aloud.

I have another picture of Chip holding him (same trip) over at MK outside near Liberty tree tavern and he was standing this time.

So I guess it's hit and miss -- my best advice would be to ask when you have the oppertunity. You may get lucky and if not I would just be in the picture with them and ask again when you see another oppertunity in a different spot.

Good luck and Enjoy! Hope this helps.:D

We took our three to Cinderella's castle for breakfast. The older two got in line to visit the Fairy Godmother. I was just holding DS; he was 8 months old. After the older ones had had their turn, she ASKED to hold DS. I remember saying something like I didn't think she would want to and she replied that holding babies was one of the perks of her job. So sweet. We have wonderful pictures of him checking her out. :) And he didn't cry!

It is usually very difficult for the costumed characters to hold an infant, but the face characters usually have no problems. We just returned with our 8 month old DS. We went to many character meals but he usually slept in his stroller during that time. We did have breakfast in the Castle and the princesses gave him a lot of attention and they each held him for pictures. We also asked the CM that was helping Mickey and Minnie one day in the MK if they would hold him for pictures and she asked them and they agreed but it was very brief.

Angie~

It probably depends who is in the costume and how busy they are. I know we took my then 5 month old DD to Epcot during the beginning of Dec. We have a cute picture of Tigger holding her. I was sitting on his knees on the ground with her on his knees. We were the only ones there.

We were just there last week. Pooh sat in a chair and held our 3-1/2 month old daughter, he wanted to. Mickey did not hold her. Minnie sat on the floor and held her with Chip & Dale kneeling next to her. Minnie asked to hold her. Our daughter was very happy!
We did not try anyone else.

we went to the parks for our daughters first Birthday. We were surprised at all the characters that held her. We had a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's, and Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Chip held her. In the parks, Tigger, Eyore and a few others did too. We didn't even ask...they just scooped her up. We have some great pictures

We took our DS to a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare when he was 6 months old. Mary Poppins and Alice both held him, and Mary actually got in trouble with one of the Disney suits that was at the restaurant. They both spent a lot of time with him, holding him and posing with him for pictures (oh yeah, and Snow White too). The boss man came by and said to Mary, "OK, Mary, put the baby down now". We couldn't believe we actually saw Mary Poppins get in trouble!!!

Ann

We got some great pics of our 9 mnth old with charactors on the Disney Cruise, the ones with Pluto are great and one with Captain Hook and Mr. Smit (whoever that guy is) you can't hardly see him in his arms but hes there laughing his head off. And one with Goofy both of them in tuxes. Priceless!!

My 7 mo. old dd had just had her 1st haircut at the Main St. Barber Shop & we were cruising towards the castle when we ran into some characters! I've seen these big, dopey looking bears before (Country Bears??), but I'm not exactly sure who they are! :confused: But, one of them held our dd & imitated the gesture she was making! The photo turned out too cute! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter