Will the Royal Tea on the Fantasy ever change to attract repeat cruisers?

MissDaisyofTexas

DIS Veteran
Hi--we were on the Fantasy last October and my daughter and I attended the Royal Court Royal Tea. It was great!

I know it's been going on for over a year now, and I was curious if DCL would change up the gifts a little to attract repeat cruisers. I can't see spending the money again if it's the same necklace with charms and Cinderella doll/music box. (We are going on the Fantasy again next January).

Has anyone done this recently? Are the gifts still mostly Cinderella things? Does anyone think DCL will change this, or is it just too popular right now for new cruisers? Has anyone done it twice with the same gifts?

Thanks.

The doll my daughter got at the tea in January was an Aurora doll. The music box has Cinderella on it. The bracelet and necklace have a mix of charms. I think it would be nice if they changed it up, but personally, I counted it as a once in a lifetime fun experience and don't plan on repeating it. Plus, we are on the Magic next and they don't do it. :)

The doll my daughter got at the tea in January was an Aurora doll. The music box has Cinderella on it. The bracelet and necklace have a mix of charms. I think it would be nice if they changed it up, but personally, I counted it as a once in a lifetime fun experience and don't plan on repeating it. Plus, we are on the Magic next and they don't do it. :)
Maybe you're right and I should chalk it up to a once in a lifetime experience. My daughter has come out of her shell in the past few months so I think she would enjoy it even more if we did it again. :)

Hey Ladies! I'm a first time cruiser (7 Night Fantasy this Fall!) and interested in the Royal Tea Party. I'm sorry I don't have an answer on whether or not they're switching it up, but I saw this thread and was hoping you could maybe help me? Most of the tips from Disney Moms say to book ahead and definitely get to guest services right away, and that's it. I'm getting a little worried that things will be all booked or I'll have to stand in a long line up, etc, etc.
Was it easy for you to get a reservation to the Royal Tea Party? Did you have to wait to book on 1st day of the cruise?

Hey Ladies! I'm a first time cruiser (7 Night Fantasy this Fall!) and interested in the Royal Tea Party. I'm sorry I don't have an answer on whether or not they're switching it up, but I saw this thread and was hoping you could maybe help me? Most of the tips from Disney Moms say to book ahead and definitely get to guest services right away, and that's it. I'm getting a little worried that things will be all booked or I'll have to stand in a long line up, etc, etc.
Was it easy for you to get a reservation to the Royal Tea Party? Did you have to wait to book on 1st day of the cruise?
When we went in October, I had to go to guest services as soon as we boarded and wait in a short line. However, I've heard that now you can book the tea online at the same time you book port adventures.

Thanks for letting me know Miss Daisy! If we get a chance to attend and we end up getting something different than a doll and Cinderella music box, I'll be sure to post back and let you know that they changed it up :)

we are cruising on the Fantasy in April and did not know they offered this - it is sold out now, anyone have experience about getting into the event at guest services?

we are cruising on the Fantasy in April and did not know they offered this - it is sold out now, anyone have experience about getting into the event at guest services?
My friend cruised in December and got on the waiting list at guest services as soon as they boarded, and due to some cancellations, her 2 kids were able to attend.

We were on one of the first sailings that had online booking for it. It goes fast! It is definitely worth getting on the wait list at guest services if you really want to do it. I would also wait to tell your little one about it until 1) you have a definite reservation and 2) it's fun to surprise her with it when the "invitation" arrives a couple days before in your cabin. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter