Will There be a Soft Opening for Mako?

Belle & Ariel

DIS Veteran
Mako is opening June 10 and I read about a passholder preview. We are passholders.
We will be in Orlando over Memorial Day Weekend which is about 2 weeks prior.
I know Disney has soft openings where new rides are open sporadically before the grand opening date.
Does Sea World do this?
It would be awesome to ride when we are there in May.

I was kind of hoping it would be WAY ahead of schedule, and we'd get to test it out on May 1st or 2nd!!

Probably rather lofty expectations on my part, though :blush:.

I know there were previews for SLH (and I know, because I went to most of them!). There's a preview announced for pass members for Mako, but all the info is that it's in June.

I believe SeaWorld does do soft opens but as with any soft open it would be hit or miss as to which days or even which hours they would be open. I would think if you are coming later in May there would be a better chance than early in May.

As far as I know the first car has not even completed a circuit on the track yet, so I would think they are still a ways from letting people ride it.

I was kind of hoping it would be WAY ahead of schedule, and we'd get to test it out on May 1st or 2nd!!

Probably rather lofty expectations on my part, though :blush:.
I hope you get to ride because all your help here shows your love of Sea World. And also because if you do in early May, I should be able to later in the month.:)

Mako is opening June 10 and I read about a passholder preview. We are passholders.
We will be in Orlando over Memorial Day Weekend which is about 2 weeks prior.
I know Disney has soft openings where new rides are open sporadically before the grand opening date.
Does Sea World do this?
It would be awesome to ride when we are there in May.

late May = good chance imo. Keep an eye on it and if u see it running, head over ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter