• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will there be an Epcot festival during Marathon weekend?

juju

DIS Veteran
I know Christmas festival ends late December and usually there is at least a week or so between the next one starts (there seem to be so many now). Epcot without the food booths seems so different and I know I would miss them.

Festival of the Arts usually kicks off in January but maybe not until after MW

At least in previous years there haven't been festivals during MW. I remember one year we stayed a bit longer after the races and on our last day they were starting to set up the booths for the Arts festival.

In the past few years, Festival of the Arts has debuted the weekend after marathon weekend. In 2020, I stayed from marathon weekend until the following Sunday, so I could catch opening day of FotA on that Saturday.

The first day of the festival brings pretty big crowds, including armies of vloggers. I can't imagine them wanting to run that in the middle of marathon weekend, or have CMs try to island hop across world showcase to bring fresh food from backstage to the festival booths mid-race!

Last year FOTA started the Friday of what would of been marathon weekend but that most likely was due to no live race

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter