Will there be anything to watch from the fireworks platform at SSR?

MrShiny

DIS Veteran
With the rumors of PI changes (basically demolishing everything on the lake side, including AC and the stage), won't the fireworks platform become pointless at SSR?

I know it's on the cover of my SSR brochure - they better change that!

If they don't do anything else, then yes, it will be kind of pointless. That said, just sitting there in the rocking chair at night and looking at the lights on PI was nice and relaxing for me.

disneynutt1225 said:
If they don't do anything else, then yes, it will be kind of pointless. That said, just sitting there in the rocking chair at night and looking at the lights on PI was nice and relaxing for me.

I agree, the fireworks were all of 40 seconds out of a 24 hour period, and there is plenty to see from that platform day or night with all the activity on the lake and at DTD.

They were cute, but I think the platform will survive without it.

Maybe they could do something with the Leggo serpant. Add some Disney animatronics and make it chase one of the Boats every hour. That would be a thrill not only for the observers but also the first time boat passengers.

KLEONARD said:
Maybe they could do something with the Leggo serpant. Add some Disney animatronics and make it chase one of the Boats every hour. That would be a thrill not only for the observers but also the first time boat passengers.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

We go out and sit in the rocking chairs at 9:00 and turn to our right and watch the Illuminations fireworks you can see them off and on for 15 mins.But we can just sit there and relax and enjoy the fact we are at WDW and staying at SSR. :goodvibes I also enjoy my morning coffee there at least a couple of times while we are there.

KLEONARD said:

OMGosh that is the funniest thing. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter