Will they add a Star Wars full marathon?

My wish is that they add some type of Star Wars Half Weekend on the east coast. The demand is certainly there, and they could create some special Coast to Coast Star Wars challenge. With this being the last year for Expedition Everest, the slot is certainly open.

Perfect time would be some kind of night race to kick off Star Wars Weekends. It is no more hot in May at night in Florida than it is in August for the Disneyland Half.

The fan boys and fan girls on the east coast need a race.

The one and only Disneyland full marathon race was a complete disaster. I read an account of it from a link someone posted here once - hopefully someone else can provide it in this thread. The general consensus is that you will never see another full marathon on the West Coast from runDisney.

I could see a full Star Wars marathon in Orlando,the only issue is since Star Wars weekends is in May I can't see a full Marathon being run in this month,I've seen highs of 97 in May,it ain't happening, maybe if they move it up to at least late March its possible.

Great suggestions already posted. It would be nice to have something on the East Coast, and obviously a full on the West Coast would make for a spectacular weekend. Perhaps the logistics of running a full at DL is a nightmare. If I recall correctly, it is smack dab in the middle of an urban setting with real traffic, streetlights, and people to deal with. DW has the advantage of being an "island unto itself".

Of course the event as currently structured seems to be pretty awesome already.

Perhaps the logistics of running a full at DL is a nightmare. If I recall correctly, it is smack dab in the middle of an urban setting with real traffic, streetlights, and people to deal with. DW has the advantage of being an "island unto itself".

Agreed.

Great suggestions already posted. It would be nice to have something on the East Coast, and obviously a full on the West Coast would make for a spectacular weekend. Perhaps the logistics of running a full at DL is a nightmare. If I recall correctly, it is smack dab in the middle of an urban setting with real traffic, streetlights, and people to deal with. DW has the advantage of being an "island unto itself".

Of course the event as currently structured seems to be pretty awesome already.

Yeah, it would be hard. I think they could work around the issues that made the one they did run in CA poor, but it's a logisitcal nightmare for the city. Not sure how happy the city of Anaheim would be about shutting down from the night prior to well past noon.

Agree with the "nightmare" during the "daytime" that a marathon would cause. Plus, DW and I didn't really enjoy the route for the half we did at DL so I could imagine a full would be twice as not cool.

Which race did you run? I liked the Tinkerbell route and the Avengers route would have been fine if it weren't for the Santa Anas that kicked up on Sunday. The larger issue would be that it woulnd't be much different from a normal road race, just with cool mile markers. I wouldn't pay runDisney prices for most regular road races.

I believe without a doubt that they will eventually bring a Star Wars race to DW. It will probably be close to the annual Star Wars time but probably be a night race because of temperatures. Plus, it's Star Wars, it should be a night race if at all possible. Then they could have a full.

They will probably incorporate some type of Rebel / Empire Challange and as big as a money maker as Star Wars is there will probably be a special coast to coast medal, sorta like the pink one now.

However, I don't see this happening (kinda hoping to - to save money) until maybe 2018. I believe Animal Kingdom is all walled off for construction and with the upcoming construction to Hollywood Studios it's wouldn't be proper. That's my reasoning behind the layoff of ToT.

But definitely need a few more races to have more choice for CtoC.

We can only hope!!!:confused3:confused3

I'm not 100% positive that Star Wars east coast will happen. Or even should.

We all think may would be a good time to tie into sw weekends. But from a logistical standpoint, may is already a high season. Most rd races were placed in slower times to bring in people that wouldn't already be there and to have less impact on those not running. Have you seen the traffic at WDW trying to get to parks when a race is running? It's not ideal.

I would go in May and would love it to kick off sw weekends but I don't think Disney would add to the crowds already coming.

Maybe a 5k like everest? But not a full for sure. Not in May!

However I'm happy to be totally wrong and sign me up for the c2c galactic challenge. I'd geek the heck out!

For now I love that we get sw in DL in January. It's perfect!

There is no way I would run even a half in late May. I think people underestimate how hot and humid it is here. As it is, there are complaints every year about how hot the races in Feb and Oct/Nov are. And the fall ones are at night. If Nov is too hot for people, I can't imagine how they'd handle mid to late May even at night. Think about it. The average LOW (in the middle of the night, for about 5 minutes) is 66.

I'm with you. I'd do a 10k but if complain the whole time. Lol

A star wars full in California would most likely never happen just do to logistics, I am praying to the running gods that we get some kind of star wars event at WDW, as people have said May wouldn't be an ideal option even though star wars weekends are already in place, I am hoping that the bring in some kind of October event back since ToT went mia this year but who knows what they will do they demand is certainly there for just about any race

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter