• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~will they ever have an express line for happy potter ride?

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I have been to Universal/IOA several times with my family...we always stay onsite for the convenience of the early admission and Express pass. The last time we traveled there it was last August. I am beyond thrilled to read that the Rip Roller coaster has added an express line...I am traveling back to Universal/Disney 12/28 through 1/4 the first 3 days will be Universal since I will have the Express pass...any chance they add an express line for the holiday week?? or if they will ever add one for the Harry Potter ride? Thanks ;)

Maybe they'll add one once the new Harry Potter area at Universal Studios gets built. So, not for at least a year, or perhaps never.

Forbidden Journey hasn't had an Express line during holidays before, so I don't think they would add one this year. My guess is that EP for FJ is a few years away. If they add the Express Line there will be no more Castle Tour line, and I think that will disappoint a lot of people. But who knows!

Forbidden Journey hasn't had an Express line during holidays before, so I don't think they would add one this year. My guess is that EP for FJ is a few years away. If they add the Express Line there will be no more Castle Tour line, and I think that will disappoint a lot of people. But who knows!
:thumbsup2

Another way to look at it....

How long was Rip Ride Rocket open before they added the Express line? And how many big-draw attractions have they added since Rip Ride Rocket opened which has helped to lessen the crowds/wait for that attraction from it's opening crowds?

While it may not be something that can be used as a direct timeline, It might help give an idea on what they are looking at the standby lines to do (and the time it'll take to reach that point) before they seriously consider adding the Express line to the attraction.

Another way to look at it....

How long was Rip Ride Rocket open before they added the Express line? And how many big-draw attractions have they added since Rip Ride Rocket opened which has helped to lessen the crowds/wait for that attraction from it's opening crowds?

RRR opened in 2009 - I think - so it took 4 years for express. However, Despicable Me opened in 2012 with express from day 1. Giant mystery how they decide when to go express on attractions.

I agree with another poster - FJ will go express once they end the castle only tour. That might take a while.

RRR opened in 2009 - I think - so it took 4 years for express. However, Despicable Me opened in 2012 with express from day 1. Giant mystery how they decide when to go express on attractions.

I agree with another poster - FJ will go express once they end the castle only tour. That might take a while.

Despicable Me was a massive re-theme of a previous attraction, Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, which had Express before it was changed. So the infrastructure for that line was already there to begin with. RRR was a brand new ride, and I think the ride's low capacity prevented it from having Express for a long time. Forbidden Journey has the capacity, but you'd lose the popular Castle Tour line as well as bump up the wait time for those in the standby line during peak seasons.

Despicable Me was a massive re-theme of a previous attraction, Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, which had Express before it was changed. So the infrastructure for that line was already there to begin with. RRR was a brand new ride, and I think the ride's low capacity prevented it from having Express for a long time. Forbidden Journey has the capacity, but you'd lose the popular Castle Tour line as well as bump up the wait time for those in the standby line during peak seasons.

agree.I think maybe when the expansion opens in the studios we might see express pass then, but then again we might not.It is still an immensely popular ride that brings people into the parks in droves.

If it took four years to get Rip Ride Rockit EP, maybe we will get EPs for FJ on WWOHP's fourth birthday. And that would only be a year away! Just wishful thinking I know nothing. :thumbsup2

We went to WWOHP on Tuesday and didn't wait longer than 10 mins for anything!!! Infact, we walked straight onto everything across IoA.

We went to WWOHP on Tuesday and didn't wait longer than 10 mins for anything!!! Infact, we walked straight onto everything across IoA.

Yep, it's the beauty when its off season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter