Will they take payment immediately with MDE check in?

seobaina

DIS Veteran
Hi

We have rooms booked at POFQ for April. If I do online check-in now on MDE will they take payment or just keep my card details until the actual day?

Thanks

The don't take payment until the day you are suppose to check in. Usually it is when you actually arrive at the hotel but with only check in they may do a batch run in the morning since it isn't refundable at that point anyways.

When I went last May, I did online check-in. When I arrived at the resort my credit card had already been charged (I had wanted to pay with a gift card, and didn't realize they would charge the card before my arrival).

When I went last May, I did online check-in. When I arrived at the resort my credit card had already been charged (I had wanted to pay with a gift card, and didn't realize they would charge the card before my arrival).

Exactly what happened to me.

It's really not "check-in". A room is not assigned. It's really "pre-registration".

Similar thing happened to me last December. The credit card (which was a Visa debit) I used to put the deposit on my reservation was charged for the full balance of our room only res early the morning of my arrival. I wanted to use a different card to pay for the rooms when I arrived... and by charging my credit/debit card that morning, Disney brought my bank account down extremely low (The charge was for two rooms for close to a week at a deluxe and my siblings are refunding two thirds of the cost to me upon arrival). I was able to transfer funds from savings into my checking account so that any bills that came in before I was able to deposit what my siblings owed were paid...but I did not realize they would use that specific card and charge so early. I was a bit miffed, but dealt with it.

I really do think they should ask when you make your reservation about what card you want to use when paying off the room. Next time I'll know better and will use my visa or MasterCard to make the reservation.

Last edited:
If you do online check in, they always use the card registered to charge the morning of check in. The only time I have not had my room charged before arriving was when I did not do online check in before arriving.

If I want to pay the balance of a room only reservation with gift cards, I always call in and do that a few days before my arrival so my credit card doesn't get charged for the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter