Will this be the redeeming trip?? FEB 2014

CiCiBee

Living Happily Ever After!
Hey guys, I wanted to do a Trip Report and have started writing some of the details. I figured since the trip has yet to happen that I will go ahead and post on here for a PTR just to get the hang of things when it comes time to actually start posting.

So, here goes nothing!

Hey Ya’ll! This is going to be my first attempt at a Trip Report, I am always on the DIS reading them and I’m sure it drives my husband insane but, what can you do? I feel like it is finally time to bite the bullet and write my own. The way we do Disney is a bit different, you will shortly see what I mean. Also, there are not tons of TRs featuring Fort Wilderness, so I thought that I could contribute something a bit new. Ok, moving on.
The Who:
Me-I’m Caitlin, I’m 26. I grew up going to Disney a lot when I was young. I have my grandmother to thank for that, as Disney is most definitely her happy place as well. I had a phase in high school where I was over Disney, because I hated getting run over by strollers, but I quickly got over that! DH and I had our Disney Fairytale Wedding on December 6th,2012 at Sea Breeze Point on The Boardwalk.

Some favorites include:
Ride- Toy Story Midway Mania, Peoplemover, Spaceship Earth
Restaurant- O’hana, Cape May, Hoop Dee Doo Review
Snack- School Bread
Park- Magic Kingdom or Epcot
Character- I really like Boo from Monster’s Inc., and Minnie Mouse is my girl!
Movie- Toy Story, Monster’s Inc., Little Mermaid

DH- This is Michael. He is also 26. He did not have to opportunity to visit Disney as much as I did as a child, but that makes him no less of a Disney fan. He went once growing up with his family in 1995 on a Make a Wish and Starlight foundation trip. He then went again when we were dating in 2011 and has been on a role since, with 4 trips in 2012, and 2 trips in 2013. DH is a high school lacrosse coach in his spare time so we somewhat have to plan our trips around the LAX season.

Some favorites include:
Ride- Rockin’ Rollercoaster and Toy Story Midway Mania
Restaurant- Hoop Dee Doo Review and O’hana
Snack- Lefou’s Brew
Park- Magic Kingdom
Character- the main man, Mickey Mouse
Movie- Beauty and the Beast and Frozen

DSil- This is Jessica, she will have just turned 22 for this trip. She is DH’s sister. She also did not get the chance to go frequently as a kid, but we are making up for that with taking her on trips when we can. She was a groomswoman in our DFTW. She went 3 times in 2012. This will be her 5th Disney trip. She is OBSESSED with Belle! NO, REALLY!

Some favorites include:
Ride- Rockin’ Rollercoaster
Restaurant- ??, I have a feeling she will pick one on this trip!
Snack- Mickey Premium Bar
Park- Magic Kingdom
Character- Belle and then Belle some more. I am warning y’all!
Movie- Beauty and the Beast

DSil’s BF- This is Rob. He may be Jessica’s fiancé when we go on this trip. We shall see. I am pretty sure Rob also did not go to Disney as a child. He came with us on our February 2012 trip, it was cold!! That gave him a bad taste in his mouth for Disney, so we are hoping that this will redeem Disney in his eyes! Fingers crossed! He missed out on our wedding due to work obligations.

Some favorites include:
Ride- It’s a Small World, I also think he will love Test Track (it was too cold last time to ride it)
Restaurant- ?? But I have a feeling he will love Hoop Dee Doo!
Snack- Cold Coke-a-Cola
Park- Magic Kingdom
Character- Goofy
Movie- not sure about this one either
.​

The When: We will be there February 7th-13th

The Why: Is this necessary? Because it’s Disney, duh!

The Where: This is where it gets fun! We will be staying at Fort Wilderness

This is the only resort that I stayed at as a kid. My grandparents have always had a motorhome and Disney isn’t Disney without The Fort. In April of 2011, DH and I tagged along and pitched a tent outside of my grandparents MH, and that’s when we both fell back in love with Disney. Since then, we just keep coming back. We have stayed in the Cabins, we have rented a popup from a local Orlando renter, and we have tent camped. Doesn’t matter the means of shelter, we love The Fort. For this trip we will be tent camping, which is not something I see often in trip reports, hence the decision to write one to help those who are thinking about staying at The Fort.
We have a really nice tent that we love, and we are good at making it feel like home for the week! I also go an awesome Eno hammock for Christmas that I am looking forward to hanging out in. Hopefully one day we can get a popup of our own, but for now the tent is just fine!

Up Next: Travel, Dining, and Fastpass+ info!​

Saved for Links! (which I am still learning how to do, but it will happen!:))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter