• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will this come to Disney World?

I thought the article was about a limit on how many days in a year one could use their AP which would negate its purpose.... as for park specific blackout dates I wouldn’t be surprised as it’s been speculated however with FL having more capacity + Galaxy’s Edge NOT being in the main park like it is out west I think it lessens the likelihood though I do feel we will be getting new tiers and a jump in prices come October

They already do that in a way, at least for Florida residents. The more you pay, the fewer blackout dates you have. A lot will depend on when SWGE opens. If it is close to a normal blackout period, I would definitely expect the blackout period to be expanded. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some limits on FP+ when it first opens as well. Then there is always the option of increasing the price on the one day ticket at DHS to encourage people to visit the "less expensive" parks, similar to what they have been trying to do at MK. They will have a better idea of crowd control once it's open at DL and they get some real life experience. Right now, everything is speculation.

I would actually like the idea of park specific blackouts it it meant I could still visit the other 3 parks when SWGE opens rather than being blacked out at all of the parks. The danger of course, is that with the extra granularity, we might see way more black outs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter