Will this thread be my swan song?

cabanafrau

DIS Veteran
Possibly, because I have just received a voicemail pleading with me to call back so they can help me, otherwise I face appearing before a magistrate or a grand jury.

Gotta love tax refund and the Christmas season for bringing in the bumper crop of scammers.

Goodbye fellow DISers in case I end up in the pokey.

What about that e-mail from the Nigerian prince? Have you responded to him yet? Might want to do that before you go to jail!

I think he is waiting for the judge to rule in his favor for the enormous tax refund so he can invest with the prince.

Possibly, because I have just received a voicemail pleading with me to call back so they can help me, otherwise I face appearing before a magistrate or a grand jury.

Gotta love tax refund and the Christmas season for bringing in the bumper crop of scammers.

If it comes to it, I'm sure you'd serve your time in a Camp Cupcake facility, where free 24/7 Wifi is provided to all inmates.

Eh, just tell them they are messing with the wrong person. Make it clear you have lots of very influential invisible friends. :laughing:

HAHA!! I got one of those. I looked up the number. It ended up being a debt collection agency. I am aware one of my relatives, who I haven't seen in years and don't even know where she is, owes some money. I'm sure they thought they could threaten me to see if I know where she is. There is also the total scam where you call the number and they get your personal information such as your social security number, etc.

That's a relief. Of course I'll have to create a new user name so you all won't know my shame.
I look forward to seeing campcupcakefrau in the future.

HAHA!! I got one of those. I looked up the number. It ended up being a debt collection agency. I am aware one of my relatives, who I haven't seen in years and don't even know where she is, owes some money. I'm sure they thought they could threaten me to see if I know where she is. There is also the total scam where you call the number and they get your personal information such as your social security number, etc.

I look forward to seeing campcupcakefrau in the future.

The number pops up online with complaints about scams. I've been watching because I was being harassed by a collection agency for debts for someone else with my name and if they start up again it's at the point I can have them prosecuted. They buy up large bundles of bad debt and from what I can tell online will do anything they can to collect whatever they can from whomever they can, even knowingly harassing the wrong people in the hopes they can shake some dimes free just to make the harassment stop. Haven't heard from them since I told them they were welcome to waste their time trying to get me to pay Pennsylvania utility bills until doomsday, that I would never pay them a thing since I've been a lifelong Michigan resident and would be happy to collect evidence to see them get fined if they contacted me again. Crickets.

Obviously have to go with campcupcakefrau2 to throw everyone off now.

We get those all the time. My absolute favorite was the one where the guy left his name as Tate Modern.

LOL! I just got one of these calls too, it went into my voicemail. Steve Madden, who barely speaks english, said that the US Treasury will be bringing charges against me and I must call back immediately. His number was 352-600-3040. Total scam-o-rama.

We get those all the time. My absolute favorite was the one where the guy left his name as Tate Modern.

Sounds convincingly American, does it not?

I did laugh at the accent in my voicemail. Could almost swear he was one of the white knights who attempted to come to my rescue when my computer had a virus.

my sister has consistently received that phone call at 8:30am on saturday, monday, and tuesday for 4 weeks now.

i'm tempted to call the number they leave just to mess with them lol.

my sister has consistently received that phone call at 8:30am on saturday, monday, and tuesday for 4 weeks now.

i'm tempted to call the number they leave just to mess with them lol.

I get the temptation, but resist. Report to Do Not Call and never answer. Best they think the number is no good and go away.

I was blocking, but ran out of slots (250). I've also been told that blocking tells them your # is good and causes them to use or spoof others to call you.

I get the temptation, but resist. Report to Do Not Call and never answer. Best they think the number is no good and go away.

I was blocking, but ran out of slots (250). I've also been told that blocking tells them your # is good and causes them to use or spoof others to call you.

considering she has an answering machine that kicks on and they leave a message i assume that they know the number is good.

Oh I think I was getting that one most of last year.

If you don't call them back immediately, WARRANTS will be served at your place of business AND you forfeit all your legal rights. Please don't let that happen, please call and give them all your money right now.

I've gotten that same call and many more, usually at least 2 or 3 a day. Is anything being done to stop the scammers? The latest trick seems to be hacking into the phone system so the caller ID shows as your own number. What's the deal with that?

I just keep ignoring them but it is very annoying, and sadly some people, especially senior citizens, fall for this BS.

I don't have to worry. I am wanted by the IRS but if I give the caller $3000 then all my legal problems will go away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter