Will Trade Family for Dog, or Used Bike

I'm so sorry it turned out the way it did. :sad2:
I'm sorry they were ungrateful and couldn't find a way to appreciate your wonderful gift.

Oh no. I'm sorry. That's soooo disappointing.
On another note, I can be your daughter! My DH never complains and neither do my kids. We will come on your next trip!!

:( Family is just the worst sometimes! Try not to take it too hard. You did the best you could.

Just food for thought but maybe they were completely sleep deprived and literally incapable of regulating emotions? Three kids and one is a newborn? Maybe it was just bad timing.

I'm sorry your trip was so terrible. I can't imagine traveling with a newborn + 3 other kids. I would talk to your daughter about it. She may have been completely overwhelmed.

I agree with @HerbivoreMom I bet the stress was just too much. Im sure the villa is lovely, but it was missing a lot of privacy. For me, I would have felt terrible about the baby crying and distributing people and, honestly, at ten weeks post partum I wasn't getting much sleep and breastfeeding was still a little awkward.

Thanks for all replies. I feel much better because I realize you hit the nail on the head. They were exhausted, and my daughter was pushing herself so hard the whole time, going on very little sleep. Before we went, she talked about it being a different kind of trip, and needing more down time. But somehow, when you get there you are so excited, and want to do it all that you run, run, run. We haven't learned the art of taking it easy. This is our first visit with DVC, and we will be back. This trip was not about us, but about wanting their family to have an amazing trip. I tried in every way to be there for them, and do for them everything I could, but they would not relax. In the end, the baby was just over stimulated, mom and dad were beyond exhausted, but the other kids were thrilled. One thing I will say is that I made sure to ask each person what was the one thing they must have, and made sure that happened. Thank you for all your replies!!!!! It doesn't change what happened, but it does make me feel better about my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter