Will We Ever Cruise Again?

Just to the Bahamas and only because the government said it. I think people were wishing they would do it across the board for all sailings. But that is updated news out today, boy it took way too long for DCL to make the announcement other companies immediately made their announcements after the Bahamian government did.

We are done cruising. Fully vaccinated, but the ships are floating petri dishes. Too many people lying and getting counterfeit vaccination cards.
I can't say were a done cruising, as we were very germ concerned during out cruises in the early 2000's with norovirus was the concern. Just not cruising for a while, certainly not this year.

I cancelled my May 2022 Greek Isles today and I'm sad about it.

Honestly, I'd planned on moving from DCL to NCL due to NCL's rule that 100% of guests and crew be vaccinated. But, at this point, I'm just going to wait, for however long for things to be more normal.

BTW, I had my 3rd vaccine yesterday (3 Pfizer) so I'm good. But I will still only take trips (at this point) that require the people around me to be vaccinated also.

booked for this December. As of now the plan is to go, but I will be very happy just to spend the majority of my time on my balcony. And we are driving to the port. Hear people say cruise ships are floating petri dishes as the time but those same people are just fine sitting on an air plane 2 inches from a total stranger.

booked for this December. As of now the plan is to go, but I will be very happy just to spend the majority of my time on my balcony. And we are driving to the port. Hear people say cruise ships are floating petri dishes as the time but those same people are just fine sitting on an air plane 2 inches from a total stranger.
Yup. College Dorms, Nursing homes and cruise ships do tend to be petri dishes for illness.

Things are constantly changing, I'm sure news today will be different in 3 months.
Right now every country , every us state and every us county has something different to say. At some point everyone will be close to the same book ( probably never the same page)

I just cancel my cruise I’ve had cruise credit on Disney cruise Norwegian and Royal Caribbean I am not wearing a mask on a cruise if you want to that’s fine for you but I don’t wish to

BTW, I had my 3rd vaccine yesterday (3 Pfizer) so I'm good. But I will still only take trips (at this point) that require the people around me to be vaccinated also.

I didn't know the 3rd shot was available yet. May I ask where you are?

I'd love to cruise again. But I cant see me paying thousands to go on vacation and be told I can and cant do such and such. I mean, why bother.

Third dose is approved for the immunocompromised.
In NJ all you have to do is say that you are and they give you the 3rd shot. You do not have to prove it. Not sure if that is the case everywhere in the US, but I suspect that it is. As for me - I'll wait until it is my turn.

I was actually accepted in a study. I’m an ER nurse in the south and we’re crawling with disease. I was fully vaccinated by early January and worried about exposure. We’re literally throwing vaccines away here and quite frankly, I had no problem not waiting.

I just sent a note to family that we intend to cancel. For the record, it's because of the policy, not because I'm worried about any virus. The Wish will still be around in the future, and we can find other things to do.

I will probably book a DCL cruise this week for next month. Fully vaccinated and would have cruised with unvaccinated. I don't see it as any more risky than other things in daily life but that's me. I will be careful as I am in my daily routines.

I was actually accepted in a study. I’m an ER nurse in the south and we’re crawling with disease. I was fully vaccinated by early January and worried about exposure. We’re literally throwing vaccines away here and quite frankly, I had no problem not waiting.
In that line of work you deserve to be one of the first in line. I’m glad you got it and wish you well. Thank you for the work you do.

Cruising has returned and eventually it will be back to normal. We have really split into two different societies. We have the one half that has been at work for the last 18 months learning to live with this and we have one half that has literally sat at home. We switched our Disney cruise plans this fall to WDW and that was because I didn’t want to continue dealing with the uncertainties involved.

Cruising has returned and eventually it will be back to normal. We have really split into two different societies. We have the one half that has been at work for the last 18 months learning to live with this and we have one half that has literally sat at home. We switched our Disney cruise plans this fall to WDW and that was because I didn’t want to continue dealing with the uncertainties involved.
Please don't get into that sort of stuff, it's beyond what we can talk about anyhow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter