Will we really need PS's???

airhead

DIS Veteran
Its just the 2 of us going end of June beginning of July. Will it be possible to get PS's the morning of the day we need dinner ressies? I just can't plan what I'll want to eat for dinner now. we are very flexible as to times. Any one with experience of not making early PS's?

airhead

If you are VERY flexible(ie eating dinner as late at 9:00), and that also means where you'll eat, you'll probably be o.k. Some of the more popular places(ie Character meals, California Grill, Le Cellier, Flying Fish, Ohana, Boma and Jiko to name a few) can and will be completely sold out and you won't even be able to get a table. If there is a particular place that you're dying to eat in, I'd make that PS in advance.

if you are going to be there on july 4, i would highly recommend making PS arrangements on the 90 day mark. we were there last year; and. they were turning people away at lecellier. i am sure that was the case everywhere. yes, make PS arrangements. you can always cancel them if you chose to do so.:tongue:

You might want to pick a few that sound like something you really want to do.

I dont think you will have a problem without them unless it falls within the following:

Its a holiday, You want to eat at 7pm, You want to do a character meal, or you want to go to one of the more popular restaurants like Cal Grill, Le Cellier, 50s PT, Sci Fi, or Cindy's.

You've given me something to think about. I just hate the thought of making dinner ressies now! But it looks like I'll have to make a few. More paperwork to carry!!!!!!

airhead

Character meals, especially the in-park breakfasts, are very hard to get late. We sometimes make our ps as we're driving to FL. We've asked for breakfast at Crystal Palace several times, but never gotten it. I've also tried without success after arrival.

We've made or changed a number of dinner reservations same day with no problem. It depends on the place, of course.

My experience was at a different time of year than when you're going, so I don't know if this is helpful or not. But I'll go ahead anyway. :p

Last Feb./Mar., my sister and I arrived for our stay with no PS ressies made ahead of time. While there, we figured out a few places we wanted to eat. We made PS ressies through the front desk (BCV) on the day before or the day of the meal we wanted. We had no problem getting "prime times" of the meal hours. We got last minute PS ressies for SciFi, 50s Prime Time, and one more sit-down place that for the life of me I can't recall right now.

Now, on the other hand, I just got back from Christmas week down there. We made our PS arrangements way ahead of time.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck! :D

We make one ps per day near where ever we plan to be that day. Then if we can't get another one the same day, we can always eat at counter service for the other meals. This way we are assured of at least one good sit-down meal per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter