Will we stay or will we go? We went! And had the most magical time! Hijacked 5-29-21 with a quick TR from New York City!

Please... let things continue returning to normal! :yay:

Happy for you.

I, on the other hand, have never been to NYC. And I'd love to!

You need to go... let me know if you need help planning an itinerary!

Lovely photo.
Who is who?
My daughter Alyssa is in the middle. The blonde is her roommate Ali and the brunette is her roommate Jessica. They have a 3 Bdrm apt in Brooklyn that they share, and they invited me to stay with them there while I was in town! Jessica and my daughter went to college together, and Ali is from Jessica's hometown in Nebraska. They are lovely girls!

Wow!

"live entertainment"...

Such a thing exists??

NYC has this organization called NY Pop-Ups. Random artists will make arrangements to play their music, dance, sing, display their works, etc., at various city parks and other outdoor public spaces. They advertise on Instagram and other social media sites. We stopped by a few and they are very well attended. The people of NYC truly value these talented individuals and are doing their best to support them. There is no admission fee, but each artist has a "tip jar" where you can leave a donation.

That will keep her hopping!
I am glad she has a few airline credits to use from cancelled trips from last year!

Really! I had no idea they were close to each other.
I reread what I wrote... I meant Penn Station, not Union Station. Penn Station was on the right. Thanks for pointing that out so I could go back and fix it!

Sounds cool. :)

See? This is what I mean. I've never been. I'm very surprised there's a Farmer's Market in The Big Apple.

There are quite a few Farmer's Markets in various NYC neighborhoods. The Union Square Farmer's Market is huge. At Christmas time they have a Christmas Market there also. They sell meat, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, soaps, textiles, artwork, flowers, etc. I love going there! Here are a couple pictures from the market back in 2019. Remove 2/3rds of the people and you will see what it looks like in 2021!

What's "DUMBO"?
DUMBO is a neighborhood in Brooklyn along the East River, between the Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge. DUMBO stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. It used to be industrial, but then developers transitioned the old factories and warehouses into high end loft apartments, entertainment venues, and trendy cafe's, parkways, boutiques and businesses. The pictures from Ample Hills Creamery are taken in that area, along with the ones below. There is also an amazing farmers market there on weekends during the summer called the Brooklyn Flea, which is literally under a section of the Brooklyn Bridge as it rises up to cross the river.
578721 578722 578723

Okay. I'm sensing a theme here. You're saying there weren't a lot of people? ::yes::

Attachments

• Union square 2.JPG
    Union square 2.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 3
You need to go... let me know if you need help planning an itinerary!
Sure! "Hi, Terry? Can you plan out my entire trip, please? Thanks, that'd be great."

;)

My daughter Alyssa is in the middle. The blonde is her roommate Ali and the brunette is her roommate Jessica. They have a 3 Bdrm apt in Brooklyn that they share, and they invited me to stay with them there while I was in town! Jessica and my daughter went to college together, and Ali is from Jessica's hometown in Nebraska. They are lovely girls!
Thanks! They all look lovely. :)

NYC has this organization called NY Pop-Ups. Random artists will make arrangements to play their music, dance, sing, display their works, etc., at various city parks and other outdoor public spaces. They advertise on Instagram and other social media sites. We stopped by a few and they are very well attended. The people of NYC truly value these talented individuals and are doing their best to support them. There is no admission fee, but each artist has a "tip jar" where you can leave a donation.
Ah! Cool. :)
We have a similar thing in a popular area of the city. :)

I reread what I wrote... I meant Penn Station, not Union Station. Penn Station was on the right. Thanks for pointing that out so I could go back and fix it!
I didn't "point it out"... I have no idea! If you say Building A is next to Building B... and one's in the Bronx and the other's in Brooklyn.... I'll believe you. ::yes::

There are quite a few Farmer's Markets in various NYC neighborhoods. The Union Square Farmer's Market is huge. At Christmas time they have a Christmas Market there also.
I'd love to see that!

DUMBO is a neighborhood in Brooklyn along the East River, between the Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge. DUMBO stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. It used to be industrial, but then developers transitioned the old factories and warehouses into high end loft apartments, entertainment venues, and trendy cafe's, parkways, boutiques and businesses. The pictures from Ample Hills Creamery are taken in that area, along with the ones below. There is also an amazing farmers market there on weekends during the summer called the Brooklyn Flea, which is literally under a section of the Brooklyn Bridge as it rises up to cross the river.
Thank you. :)

Oh for sure at 6' it'd be tough!! Even more happy for her it worked out!

I think both places you went would be up my alley. I don't generally gravitate (other than Disney) to the overly done tourist sites, so quiet, serene places like those would be perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter