Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

$30 !!!!!!!!
Discounts are usually available at every fair I know. I’ve seen senior citizens discounts at some fairs and I’ve seen special weekend/early bird specials as well. I will say $30 is on the high side. The fair I attend is usually $25 for adults but they always offer multiple discounts depending on what people qualify for and different discounts depending on the themed weekend (ex Kids tickets are free on some weekends for the fair I attend). You could contact the fair your looking to attend and ask if they offer discount weekends or tickets.

$30 !!!!!!!!
Also people save money by packing a lunch and snacks. Less money spent on food equals more of that money spent on extra things you want to do at the fair (games/shopping). Shows are usually included with your tickets. If you know how to save money at the Disney theme parks, you can plan a very affordable day at the Renaissance fair.

This is about 25 minutes from us. I have never been but always say this year I will and never get there LOL. It is always packed from what I hear.
I usually go every year (except the last 2 years due to Covid worries). It is one of the best in the nation. If your on the fence, check YouTube. Every year, people post what they thought about the fair and 99% is positive. :-)

I've been to the one in MD several times. It was fun but I'm not a regular by any stretch. My daughter and her friends used to go all the time till she moved away. She liked to dress up and all that.
Some friends make a lot of the medieval weapons you can buy there. They were hurt pretty bad during covid because a lot of the shows shut down. They made the swords for the Disney Broadway Pirates of the Caribbean and Aladdin plays as well. Pretty cool stuff.

I've been to the one in MD several times. It was fun but I'm not a regular by any stretch. My daughter and her friends used to go all the time till she moved away. She liked to dress up and all that.
Some friends make a lot of the medieval weapons you can buy there. They were hurt pretty bad during covid because a lot of the shows shut down. They made the swords for the Disney Broadway Pirates of the Caribbean and Aladdin plays as well. Pretty cool stuff.
There are several in FL too just to let you know.

I usually go every year (except the last 2 years due to Covid worries). It is one of the best in the nation. If your on the fence, check YouTube. Every year, people post what they thought about the fair and 99% is positive. :-)

Thank you!! This could be the year!!

Thank you!! This could be the year!!
Some tips for that specific fair.
1. Plan what you want to see to some degree before you go. Think how you would do a list for your must do rides in one of the Disney parks.
2. Get there around 2 hours early than the opening gate for the best and mostly shade parking. Trust me, you’ll thank me later.
3. Check around for their discounts on tickets.
4. Look at their theme weekends. They do special things each weekend and some attract more crowds then others. Kids free weekend is the most crowded weekend. My family avoids that one no matter what.
5. Have a fun and safe time. :-)

If you need any tips, just ask.

Last edited:
Some tips for that specific fair.
1. Plan what you want to see to some degree before you go. Think how you would do a list for your must do rides in one of the Disney parks.
2. Get there around 2 hours early than the opening gate for the best and mostly shade parking. Trust me, you’ll thank me later.
3. Check around for their discounts on tickets.
4. Look at their theme weekends. They do special things each weekend and some attract more crowds then others. Kids free weekend is the most crowded weekend. My family avoids that one no matter what.
5. Have a fun and safe time. :-)

If you need any tips, just ask.

Thanks again!!

MJ

Had not been in 13 years. DS was given free tickets so he asked if I wanted to go. It's an hour drive away (kinda why we haven't been) but the positive is it is a permanent location. Being permanent the structures are very well done and they have added on considerably since I've been. They have landscaping, seating, rides ... several large outdoor theaters. Quite impressive set up. [They filmed Loki there.]

We had a fun day (luckily we got there late enough we were parked on the perimeter under trees). I would say more than 50% were dressed up, many very intricate costumes. We were the oddballs.

I was keenly aware that there was ZERO ZERO security. Three old ladies took our tickets, we were not scanned or bag checked in any way. Looking around there were so many weapons that could have been real. Huge capes covering who knows what. I began to wonder if we really should have come and it had nothing to do with COVID.

The other issue was so many vendors and all the beer was CASH ONLY. The youngsters were not prepared and every single ATM had a line of at least 40+ people. So take cash, it will just make it easier.

My favorite was performer Cast in Bronze. Bells played with "keyboard". He did Disney, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones. Unique and loved it! https://bells2go.com/videos

Had not been in 13 years. DS was given free tickets so he asked if I wanted to go. It's an hour drive away (kinda why we haven't been) but the positive is it is a permanent location. Being permanent the structures are very well done and they have added on considerably since I've been. They have landscaping, seating, rides ... several large outdoor theaters. Quite impressive set up. [They filmed Loki there.]

We had a fun day (luckily we got there late enough we were parked on the perimeter under trees). I would say more than 50% were dressed up, many very intricate costumes. We were the oddballs.

I was keenly aware that there was ZERO ZERO security. Three old ladies took our tickets, we were not scanned or bag checked in any way. Looking around there were so many weapons that could have been real. Huge capes covering who knows what. I began to wonder if we really should have come and it had nothing to do with COVID.

The other issue was so many vendors and all the beer was CASH ONLY. The youngsters were not prepared and every single ATM had a line of at least 40+ people. So take cash, it will just make it easier.

My favorite was performer Cast in Bronze. Bells played with "keyboard". He did Disney, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones. Unique and loved it! https://bells2go.com/videos
Which fair did you attend?

I remember cast in bronze at the NY Renfair. He’s awesome.

Not really my thing but my daughter just moved here from Washington, where are they?

View attachment 672233

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter