Will you pay $150 for the new "Disney After Dark" event in the MK?

Would you spend $150 on your next trip for the Disney after Dark event?

• Yes

Votes: 66 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 953 87.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 75 6.9%

• Total voters
No way.
It would cost $1200 for my family.
For $1200 I could add six more nights to our rental house and turn our 5-day passes into 10 day passes. Even if we only went a few hours each of those extra 5 days the ROI would be much better than this.

And I would have plenty of money left over for mickey bars and Coca-Cola.

I just don't get who their audience is for this? At least with the Xmas / Halloween parties the ticket gets you 5 hours after park close and unique themeing and experiences making it arguably worth it for those with park tickets. This is far more expensive, only 3 hours, and seems very little different than a normal day other than a few bucks of free ice cream. If you were a local without an annual pass - or visiting other Orlando parks and just wanted 1 day at Disney, this may be good for you but I just don't see how anyone with park tickets justifies this. Just glad they're not closing the parks early.

The ONLY way this might be worth it is if we were going for 1 day only (and buying 1 day passes) to MK during PEAK time tiered ticket rates, and we were staying offsite not eligible for EMH. Personally if that were the case I'd rather try to plan to be there for a Party night (MNSSHP or MVMCP) instead. Much better deal (at least right now....)

I might. But I just can't stay up that late without the entire next day being a waste, so it would seriously depend on the circumstances.

Right now...with what's coming out...no. From what I understand, this is exactly what they did for DVC and event guests still had 45 min ride/character waits. And regular park guests get to stay and shop during the extra 3 hours, like they do during EMH. No offense to the reg park guests, because in exchange they get extra crowds from 7-10/11 pm. This doesn't sound like a hard ticketed event to me...

Last edited:
No.

I also don't buy these things at Disney: tours, dessert parties, wishes cruises, character dining, horseback excursion, greens fees for golfing, pins, and a bunch of other stuff that I choose not to buy that is extra.

I think those who are thinking of purchasing this are envisioning three hours of walking straight on/off/on again rides like 7Dwarfs and BTM. I have a feeling that is not the case (especially since those who went to the FREE DVC after hours event at MK said lines for 7dwarfs were still 45 minutes long.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter