• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Window, Aisle or Centre?

I like window, DH likes aisle. When booking, we almost always choose such seats in an empty row with the hopes no one will get the middle seat. But it rarely happens much anymore.

No, DH won't scoot over to the middle seat when the third person appears.

I would say it's more painful to be cramped if you are 6"4" guy with long legs. It is also dangerous and can contribute to blood clots in legs. So if he needs to stretch out then I am sure they know enough to pay attention to the cart & other passengers.

You do you & let the tall people do themselves.
It sounds like you took offense when none was intended or implied.

I hope we haven't gotten to the point where we're not allowed to ask a question. Thanks to @NHdisneylover for answering.

aisle.....easier to get up, less claustrophobic

Me too! I wasn't claustrophobic until I had an incident on a plane years ago. Nothing dramatic, just suddenly felt very closed-in and had a panic attack(but pretty much kept it to myself.) Being on the aisle helps a bit.:)

It sounds like you took offense when none was intended or implied.

I hope we haven't gotten to the point where we're not allowed to ask a question. Thanks to @NHdisneylover for answering.

I did not take any offense - omg it's offended day on the DIS:rotfl2::rotfl2:

No just like you pointed out the flaws in being in the aisle I pointed out the pros for tall people. 2 sides of a POV - nothing more. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I prefer the aisle seat because I feel less trapped there.

There are some benefits to the window too, so that'd be my second choice. Although it seems like the last few times I've had a window seat, I've either been staring at the wing -- or the seats are offset from the windows to the point that I'm staring at the plane wall, not out the window.

The middle seat would be a distant third choice, but I could probably deal with it if I *had* to.

I don't have a preference when traveling with family. The introvert in me would rather not be stuck in the center between two strangers, but considering I fly with Xanax I probably wouldn't actually care where I was sitting.

This. I will sit in any seat/row if I'm with my kids or even just my husband (with a stranger on the other side of me).

When I'm flying by myself, I sit in a first class aisle seat if it's remotely affordable (or on the side that has only one seat, if that's the configuration). If not, I fly economy plus and cross my fingers that the plane won't be full--those economy plus middle seats are the last to go as no one wants to pay extra for them. I actually talk with the people at the counter when boarding, and ask if anyone got put in the seat next to me. They often put standby passengers in those middle seats, and I've had good luck just explaining my anxiety--either before boarding or on the plane after takeoff, I've had 100% success getting moved to a seat with no neighbor if space was available.

I never tried Xanax. I'm afraid I'd end up on the news as being "that person" who didn't put on their seat belt or talked back to the flight attendant.

We mostly fly Southwest and pay for priority boarding- we choose opposing aisles-me on the left as I am left handed
We will sit together if it is only 2 seats together

I prefer window. That way I have a corner that I can put my head back in to sleep. Aisle would be OK, but you have to constantly get up for the guy in the window seat, and people going up and down the aisles constantly use your head rest to grab when passing others in the aisle (also grabbing a bunch of hair).

Unfortunately, I typically wind up in the middle seat, because hubby needs the window to see out (motion sickness issues) or the aisle so HE can get up and walk around.

I don't really care but prefer the window. Not that you can really see anything once you're up, but I like looking out the window. If I was by myself (don't think I've ever flown by myself), I would just avoid the middle.

I prefer the aisle seat mainly so I can get up and go to the bathroom without disturbing the people sitting in my row.

Aisle!
Even when I’m traveling with DH, we book aisle seats across from each other. Gone are the days that we can book an aisle & a window and have an empty middle seat between us.

I prefer the window, dh prefers the aisle so a few times he had to suck it up for me and sit in the middle, very few! But since kids and we have 3, he sits with the girls and I sit with our son (not sure why or how that works out...oh wait oldest dd doesn’t care if she has the window and my younger 2 like it). So I get the middle.

Normally it is fine. Actually the past few years my mother comes with us so there are 6 of us so it’s only her I have to make get up.

But Saturday night...ok early Sunday am (flight delayed 3 hours, left at 11:55pm vs 8:55pm)-I checked the seat situation mid day and I had no one next to me. I even told dh he might want that seat to try to sleep. But no....

Why the heck when you have seat C do you have to hop on board first? We had early boarding because of the even more space seats too but we were AB and ABC. So the guy had to get up. He also put 2 over head suitcases above us when his wife was farther back. Sort of annoyed me so I said to DH “I can’t believe Ally he suitcases that are up there when there are so few people on the plane”.

Anyways, the middle was the most uncomfortable I have ever been. He was sitting there with the arm rest up. First thing I did when I sat was lowered it. But every time he moved his body would get under it and it would raise. The body heat from his upper body was not a highlight either.

I am not skinny but I don’t spill into the next seat and if I feel the need to spill, I am always sitting with family so I lean towards them. He really needed an extra seat to go with his seat belt extender or he needed to be sitting next to a family member and there were a few but he was in the more space seats and I am sure he said he needed that be he needed more width.

I am waiting for my survey to Jet Blue to come and see if there is a spot to complain! I literally sat with my spine curved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter