• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Windsor Hills condo...who to rent from?

sherry7

DIS Veteran
We have stayed at Windsor Hills a couple of times, and booked through Dave Robinson's company. However, his company requires Saturday to Saturday rentals, which don't work for us this trip. What company do you go through when staying at Windsor Hills? (VRBO is an option, but I'd rather rent from a company versus an individual, based on a precious experience.) Thanks!

There are companies on VRBO. Most people that are individuals there go through a management company down there as well. For most, it is investment and vacation property. They are not local to manage it themselves.

Thanks for the reply. VRBO is quite overwhelming because there's so many, (and their fees are getting quite high and being passed on to the customer), so I'm hoping to get some personaL recommendations.

I have rented from windsorhillspoolviewcondo.com before and had a great experience. Beautiful condo, responsive owner and a great price.

My wife and I own a townhouse at Windsor Hills. We use a property management company to book it out and care for the whole thing since we're out in California. You can see it at maneshaw.com (this just redirects to the management company site).

Thanks. windsorhillspoolviewcondo.com seems to be a dead link. Can you confirm the website address please?

My wife and I own a townhouse at Windsor Hills. We use a property management company to book it out and care for the whole thing since we're out in California. You can see it at maneshaw.com (this just redirects to the management company site).
What an absolutely gorgeous townhouse! Definitely one of the nicest decorated that I've seen at Windsor Hills. We're planning on a condo this trip though, mostly to keep the cost down.

What an absolutely gorgeous townhouse! Definitely one of the nicest decorated that I've seen at Windsor Hills. We're planning on a condo this trip though, mostly to keep the cost down.
Thanks (my sister is mainly responsible for decorating everything so I'll pass your compliment onto her). We redid the place back in October. I thought we could knock it out on a couple of weeks but I was out there for about a month.

But if you're looking for a condo still take a look at what is being offered through Select Vacation Villas. Nearly all the properties they manage used to be managed by Magical Vacation Homes but MVH decided to get out of Windsor Hills management and turned those operations over to SVV. MVH is still a booking company so you'll still see these same properties listed on MVH as well (as well as other sites such as AirBNB, etc.).

Thanks (my sister is mainly responsible for decorating everything so I'll pass your compliment onto her). We redid the place back in October. I thought we could knock it out on a couple of weeks but I was out there for about a month.

But if you're looking for a condo still take a look at what is being offered through Select Vacation Villas. Nearly all the properties they manage used to be managed by Magical Vacation Homes but MVH decided to get out of Windsor Hills management and turned those operations over to SVV. MVH is still a booking company so you'll still see these same properties listed on MVH as well (as well as other sites such as AirBNB, etc.).

Your sister has a great eye for decorating. :) Thanks for that info about Select Vacation Villas. We've rented from Magical Vacation Homes in the past, and I had forgotten their name until you mentioned it.

We rented from Magical Vacation Homes and will never book with them again.
May I ask why? We booked with them for our 2016 trip. I did have some issues with the condo - the dryer vent was loose, and some burned out light bulbs. But they came within an hour to fix the problem.

We also booked through MagicalVacationHomes, and have so far had excellent service - except for not telling us the pool and hot tub are closed during our trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For that reason alone, I would never rent from them again.

Speaking of the pool and hot tub closing. They usually close that area in September for routine maintenance. This year, however, they're going to be renovating the area and it will be seeing much more extensive work for 3 to 4 months. They expect the work to start around August or September. They tell us that the pool deck will have a reduced capacity due to construction walls but will remain open during this time. I really don't know what kind of noise or other disruptions might occur.

Also, starting around this same time period (mid-August) the town homes will start being painted. They'll all get pressure washed then painted. This will happen in sections but over a continuous period (weather permitting) until early October. This work will cause a certain amount of noise and disruption for those staying there (especially if they're working on your specific building since this could mean loss of parking and splash pool area for your stay).

You can check out the windsorhillsmaster.com site for some of this information. They usually post it there (in the public news forum).

We also booked through MagicalVacationHomes, and have so far had excellent service - except for not telling us the pool and hot tub are closed during our trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For that reason alone, I would never rent from them again.

They did something similar to us in Jan 2016 -- rented to us, knowing full well that floors were scheduled to be repainted in our building and we'd be either locked in or locked out of our unit for 8 hours. Incredibly dishonest.

We have stayed at Windsor Hills a couple of times, and booked through Dave Robinson's company. However, his company requires Saturday to Saturday rentals, which don't work for us this trip. What company do you go through when staying at Windsor Hills? (VRBO is an option, but I'd rather rent from a company versus an individual, based on a precious experience.) Thanks!

We use Florida Sun Vacation Homes and have done for the past 7 visits. Very professional, units are consistent in their standards & maintenance and are well stocked. Beds are comfortable, any issues are taken care of within 24 hours.

We won't stay with Magical Vacation Homes - the unit was as described but not as well supplied. Fewer towels, cheaper sheets, far less equipment in the kitchen, no starter kit of supplies. AND THE BEDS WERE CRAZY CHEAP AND UNCOMFORTABLE. The pillows were... well, we called them "prison-pillows" and had to go buy some extras from Target. Daughter and husband complained about those beds the entire week. It's for that reason that we won't go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter