Windy at Disneyland!

Disney-&-Baseball

Mouseketeer
We are here now and it has been really windy the last couple of days. Of course we know this will cancel fireworks. And last night (Tuesday) World of Color was cancelled also. Luckily we had already viewed this at a Dessert Party on Sunday night. What we are concerned about now is we have a Fantasmic dinner package on Friday at Blue Bayou. Does windy weather ever lead to the cancellation of Fantasmic???

We are here now and it has been really windy the last couple of days. Of course we know this will cancel fireworks. And last night (Tuesday) World of Color was cancelled also. Luckily we had already viewed this at a Dessert Party on Sunday night. What we are concerned about now is we have a Fantasmic dinner package on Friday at Blue Bayou. Does windy weather ever lead to the cancellation of Fantasmic???
We were so sad they cancelled world of color. We were only here for two days and we leave today. We had booked the dinner package to get the good seating. So that was wasted. We ended up giving them to
Someone who could use them. We were sad last night but we still had a great trip. Sad to be leaving

We were so sad they cancelled world of color. We were only here for two days and we leave today. We had booked the dinner package to get the good seating. So that was wasted. We ended up giving them to
Someone who could use them. We were sad last night but we still had a great trip. Sad to be leaving

know how that feels. I got my friend and her parents in to specifically see WoC. Cancelled and they had to fly back home. :(

OP: i believe Fantasmic is wind sensitive due to the fireworks. I recall it varies by the direction as well. WoC usually still goes in light wind but heavy wind is a no no. Would think Fireworks cancel first, then Fantasmic, then WoC.

We will be there tomorrow and are expecting them to cancel the fireworks tomorrow unfortunately :(

Current at Disneyland Resort, had Wine Country WoC dining plan Monday night, they cancelled WOC due to wind. Got WoC Fastpass for Tuesday night, also cancelled due to wind. Got another set of fastpases for tonight. Currently it is very calm, hope it stays that way till 9pm. Will report back at 10pm tonight.

Current at Disneyland Resort, had Wine Country WoC dining plan Monday night, they cancelled WOC due to wind. Got WoC Fastpass for Tuesday night, also cancelled due to wind. Got another set of fastpases for tonight. Currently it is very calm, hope it stays that way till 9pm. Will report back at 10pm tonight.
The NBC news is covering the fires with BREAKING NEWS.
Forecast is for the winds to pick up this evening around 8pm.
Here's a map of the wind forecast from NBC
2017-12-06 001.JPG

We are going to keep our fingers crossed and hope we can see fireworks! :yay:
As I watch the breaking news, the map and wind numbers aren't as bad in the Santa Ana area.
Downtown LA and north, the winds look to be disastrous for the fires.
The smoke is traveling straight to the west when the news showed a picture of the fires from space.

WoC went on tonight, 12/6, as scheduled at 9pm, great show. It did get a little windy at 8pm, but not too bad. Third try to see the show was the charm, my wife was really looking forward to seeing the show. Being from upstate NY we don't plan on being back to Disneyland for many year, if at all. Go to WDW almost yearly, 2.5 hour direct flight for under $200 is hard to beat.

Absolutely, WOC can get away with running when it is a bit windy, Fantasmic! can't since it has fireworks in the show. So if WOC is cancelled, you know Fantasmic! will be cancelled as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter