Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

I seriously had no clue about registration for everyone, but it's been many moons since I had to register anyone else! DH ran with me in 2015, but since then it's just been me. After looking at our dates and the calendar though, I think the littles will do the kids races as we are going to have to do the Halloween party on Halloween which means we'll need to sleep in on the 1st! Those races are kind of at horrible times in the middle of the day though so we'll see!

If you register other people, just know their registration(s) only show up in your account & you manage them to update things like Proof of Time. They can claim it later to their account by emailing.

What is the cut off for a POT from a past qualifying run. For example my son and I ran in the April Fool's Half Marathon in April of 2018. Would that POT work for the November Wine and Dine 2019?

What is the cut off for a POT from a past qualifying run. For example my son and I ran in the April Fool's Half Marathon in April of 2018. Would that POT work for the November Wine and Dine 2019?

From the Race Policies section for W&D on the RD website......"Proof of time must be provided by the participant for each individual race from an officially timed 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon race reflecting results within the last 2 years."

So yes, your POT will be good.

I had been trying to talk my wife into a family trip to Princess Weekend 2020, but the timing is bad for our girls’ school commitments; I failed. I had not thought about Wine & Dine 2019. Need to look at some potential conflicts, but it might work. Even if just talk, the potential of Princess and the Frog themed race/medal would be a small victory right off the bat! Never done a runDisney event outside Marathon Weekend. Need to give this some thought!

I will be running it!

I plan on running the 5k for fun in costume and pictures, and the half for a sub 2 hour no characters no costume.

What characters have you all seen in the past on the 5k?
Is it entirely run in the animal kingdom?

The half.

I heard that they put you back in corrals if you do the challenge, Is this true? Even if you don't all out run the 10 k? If so, i am not running it, and I will be crying inside.
Is this the first year they are running it at 530 am, or is that a typo in time? J thought this was a night race )
Anyone ruin the race for a stub 2 hour, no characters? How was it? Was it still crowded after Mile 1?

Finally, iI live in a colder area, any tips for training in humidity? Should I wear more clothes (and of course watch body temp)?

Thanks!

I will be running it!

I plan on running the 5k for fun in costume and pictures, and the half for a sub 2 hour no characters no costume.

What characters have you all seen in the past on the 5k?

The half.

I heard that they put you back in corrals if you do the challenge, Is this true? Even if you don't all out run the 10 k? If so, i am not running it, and I will be crying inside.
Is this the first year they are running it at 530 am, or is that a typo in time? J thought this was a night race )
Anyone ruin the race for a stub 2 hour, no characters? How was it? Was it still crowded after Mile 1?

Finally, iI live in a colder area, any tips for training in humidity? Should I wear more clothes (and of course watch body temp)?

Thanks!
It’s been a Daytime race since 2016 when they added 10k and challenge

5K is in DAK

I can share 10k characters from past 3 runs but that’s it

...What characters have you all seen in the past on the 5k?

The half.

Thanks!

5k has been run in AK in the past. Characters last year: Meeko, Rafiki, Dug and Russell, Pluto, Donald, and we got Farmer Mickey in the pre-race area.

The corral you are in depends on what information you give runDisney. If you have a proof of time race, you should submit it along a website that shows your time so that they can use it to corral you with others who run your pace. If you don't have a time that translates to under 2:45:00 / half, you choose an estimated pace and you will be placed in one of the later corrals with people who run a pace that matches your estimate. I think you can submit a 10k, 10 mile, or half time. Check the runDisney W&D site to verify.

You can train for heat by bundling up if you wish, but I don't know if there is a way to train for the "breathability" level of humidity. You should plan to slow down some depending on the level of humidity.

Good luck and have fun!!!

So glad to say that DH and I will be there! Probably doing the half, although I have FOMO on the challenge! Wish they would show the medals before registration-oh well!
Quick question that I know all of you RunDisers will know the answer-do you have to have park ticket to go to the after party?

I'm really excited! And more excited to see so many of you going too!

So glad to say that DH and I will be there! Probably doing the half, although I have FOMO on the challenge! Wish they would show the medals before registration-oh well!
Quick question that I know all of you RunDisers will know the answer-do you have to have park ticket to go to the after party?

I'm really excited! And more excited to see so many of you going too!
After-party ticket comes with half or challenge registration.

@girliea after party is a hard ticket like Halloween, Christmas or After Hours so you just need that and not a day ticket unless you wish to enter Epcot before I want to say 8pm

Do we have a solid date announced for AP or just what is assumed? Cause I need to make sure my time off request is accurate and the schedule for the week registration should be gets locked March 2nd (right now I have Thursday the 14th off thinking that was AP as well as Tuesday the 19th closed off)

Do we have a solid date announced for AP or just what is assumed? Cause I need to make sure my time off request is accurate and the schedule for the week registration should be gets locked March 2nd (right now I have Thursday the 14th off thinking that was AP as well as Tuesday the 19th closed off)

Early registration for DVC is Thursday, March 14 so I assume it is the same for AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter