Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

It seems like they’re trying to do music… but the Raya one doesn’t fit to my knowledge (even though they added a music note to the design).
Yeah, my thought is what music? Raya didn’t have any songs and I kept thinking would my niece and nephew enjoy it without music? They’re 4 and 2, and turns out they didn’t even last ten minutes 😂

Does anyone know whether or not the Skyliner continues to run for the EPCOT after hours party?

It did in 2019; we were staying at Caribbean Beach and made it back around midnight. There was some confusion last year and it seemed like they were funneling everyone towards the "RunDisney" busses instead (which did not come at regular intervals). Monorail and regular Disney busses were definitely not options.

Anyone who was done W&D in the past, can you give me the run-down on the after-hours party? What's available, what time you can enter the park, what you can reasonably expect to get done, etc.? I haven't been to Epcot in 6+ years (pre-Frozen) and am interesting in exploring what is new.

Also, what is the weather usually like?

And final question - for those you that do both W&D and Marathon Weekend, how does W&D fit into your training schedule? Is there anything that makes it complicated that I should be aware of? I'm a "just finish" runner so I'm not too worried about times.

So apparently there was a mention at the Princess 10k of a night race? Any one have any ideas? Any chance of W&D going back to a night race??

And final question - for those you that do both W&D and Marathon Weekend, how does W&D fit into your training schedule? Is there anything that makes it complicated that I should be aware of? I'm a "just finish" runner so I'm not too worried about times.

W&D works great with a Marathon Weekend training schedule. 8-9 weeks out from Marathon Weekend is a great time to do a mid-training "reward" of supported training runs if you're doing the marathon, Goofy or Dopey.

After a fabulous Princess weekend and seeing the 2022-2023 academic calendar for my school district, I just booked a stay for Wine and Dine weekend! I would love to do the challenge but I may have to stick with “just” the half due to logistics and time off from work.

So apparently there was a mention at the Princess 10k of a night race? Any one have any ideas? Any chance of W&D going back to a night race??
I think they were referring to a night race at Spring Surprise weekend, which I think is the 5k.

I wish they would, it was a much better event when you ran and went right to the after party, but I don't think Disney would go back to a night race.

I wish they would, it was a much better event when you ran and went right to the after party, but I don't think Disney would go back to a night race.
A 5K night race is more logistically sound than a half I’d imagine especially when it comes to sweeping the parks…. Can you imagine the uproar of multiple parks closing early on the same night

Anyone who was done W&D in the past, can you give me the run-down on the after-hours party? What's available, what time you can enter the park, what you can reasonably expect to get done, etc.? I haven't been to Epcot in 6+ years (pre-Frozen) and am interesting in exploring what is new.

For the after hours party, they let you in starting at 5pm. Official party doesn't begin until after the fireworks. At that time, they provide wristbands for access to rides (including Test track, Soarin', Frozen, and last year Ratatouille -- hopefully 2022 will include the new Guardians ride too). The lines get shorter for both food and rides, so you can do almost anything (though Remy broke down last year and we didn't want to wait it out). In 2019, there were many special character interactions and a full -on dance party with Daisy Duck. We had no problem in 2019 visiting everything we wanted. We stayed until around 11 pm last year and around midnight in 2019. Either way, after getting up for a half marathon at 3 am, it can be exhausting by the end.

Weather: canned answer is it varies. Average high is upper 70s F, low around 60 F in early Nov. In 2019, it was close to this -- sunny, light wind. Amazing. In 2021, a strong cold front came through around the time of the 10K and we had well below normal temps throughout the weekend. Unlike the 5K and 10K, the half and the party were at least dry, but definitely still chilly.

I was disappointed last year that I didn't realize the stores, including Mousegear and Les Halles Boulangerie - still mad about that missed macaron, and most of the rides shut down during the afterparty. I LOVE Living with the Land (especially at night), but it was closed when we went. Epcot was packed from 5pm-post fireworks and we were hungry, so we did food booths and thought we were so smart saving the rides for the afterparty. We were able to get on Soarin and TT without a wait, and a bit of a wait for Remi. Remi had been down earlier in the evening, so I think it was just backed up from that. It was definitely shorter than it would have been during regular hours.

The half fit in perfectly with my training schedule for the full last year. I was programmed to do a 12 mi run the day of the half.

I attended the after party after a friend and I ran the W&D half in 2016. It's been my only runDisney race up to this point (until this November fingers crossed). So I have no comparison to any other after-party experience but we had a great time. I don't recall exact times but I know we get to enter a couple hours earlier than the posted party time, before the park closed to regular guests. We rec'd a $25 disney gift card with our registration and we went straight to the bubbles kiosk and treated ourselves to a pour of Dom Perignon as a treat for our hard work. Then we focused mainly on walking around the countries. There were some character photo ops still going which was fun since we wore our medals in. I'm always chilly in FL once the sun goes down but the weather was great. I wore leggings and a tank top and probably had a light hoodie to put over me. It was nice to walk around with lower crowds and less lines although I'll be honest, it always made me aware that I ENJOY the hustle and bustle of the crowds to some extent. If you LOVE crowd free situations then you'll especially like that perk of the after party. I don't think all of the food booths were still open but I do not recall any moments of disappointment or feeling like "nothing" was open for the party. That being said, I'll be doing the 10k this Nov (with my teens) not the half. Given that only the half includes the party ticket, I do not think I'll buy us all 3 tickets to the after party. Perhaps if I was just getting myself a ticket to go with a friend again then I would but probably not for all 3 of us. If your trip will not include a day/part day at Epcot then I say go for the after party!

I just thought of a bussing question while on the DVC site. For resorts like OKW and Saratoga Springs that have multiple bus stops, do RunDisney busses stop at each one or only at the main building?

I just thought of a bussing question while on the DVC site. For resorts like OKW and Saratoga Springs that have multiple bus stops, do RunDisney busses stop at each one or only at the main building?
I stayed at OKW for MW and YES, the internal bus was running in the morning (it went past when I drove myself to the front on Saturday for the half) to the Hospitality House where the runDinsey busses are. BUT. If getting on a bus early or by a certain time is important to you, it takes around 20min for the internal bus to do a loop. Are you willing to sit and wait for 20+min at your nearest bus stop (plus however long it takes to get back to the HH after you get on)? We were in building 55, and I can tell you from personal experience that it's a 0.73mi walk to the Hospitality House. Just how I wanted to start my marathon morning. Or not.

Last edited:
I stayed at OKW for MW and YES, the internal bus was running in the morning (it went past when I drove myself to the front on Saturday for the half) to the Hospitality House where the runDinsey busses are. BUT. If getting on a bus early or by a certain time is important to you, it takes around 20min for the internal bus to do a loop. Are you willing to sit and wait for 20+min at your nearest bus stop (plus however long it takes to get back to the HH after you get on)? We were in building 55, and I can tell you from personal experience that it's a 0.73mi walk to the Hospitality House. Just how I wanted to start my marathon morning. Or not.
Oh blech. I wouldn’t like that. I’d be cool if the RunD busses drove around. So it’s either a Hospitality House room or stay somewhere else for me if I can make it happen.

What is open and available has changed a lot over the years. The first year very few rides were open, it was mostly just a few things in World Showcase and the food stands. The full list gets published in the guide and at least once something has been added after the fact. Since you can get in at 5 that day you can plan to do anything you really want to do but won't be open late before park close. I can tell you for W&D weekend we don't do a separate Epcot day outside of the party because we can see and do everything we want that night.

It has always been warm when I was there with a higher chance of rain later in the day. If it rains on Sunday night the park is empty. In 2018 it rained pretty heavy but we put on rain gear and had a blast in the ghost town that was World Showcase that evening.

Depending on where you live it could be hot training for W&D weekend. I'm in the midwest so training for W&D is usually pretty warm until the last month while training for marathon weekend is generally pleasant until it gets cold a month or so out. If you are just looking to finish and are in reasonable shape you don't have to put in tons of hot miles and you can always run early or late to avoid the sun if you schedule allows it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter