Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Sorry, one question: does anyone actually 'race' the runs? Or is it more an experience and worth taking your time over?
I did the W&D half in 2019. I trained really hard for it and was in Coral B. I really wanted to see how fast I could run a half so was torn. I decided to stop my watch at all the character stops and restart it. It was actually only a 8-10 minute difference in the two times. i had so much fun and so many great pictures.

Hello everyone! I had a question about the virtual queue for the expo and thought someone here might know. I am flying in on Thursday morning and I don't get to MCO until around 11:00 AM. If I am linked to a friend on MDE and they are within the mileage range to join the virtual queue for the merchandise area at 8:30 when it opens, will it let me be a member of their party? Or does everyone in the group have to be within the mileage range for that work? Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! I had a question about the virtual queue for the expo and thought someone here might know. I am flying in on Thursday morning and I don't get to MCO until around 11:00 AM. If I am linked to a friend on MDE and they are within the mileage range to join the virtual queue for the merchandise area at 8:30 when it opens, will it let me be a member of their party? Or does everyone in the group have to be within the mileage range for that work? Thanks in advance!
Yes …
As long as you are linked to that person in mde and they select you as part of their party you are good to go….

For anyone flying Southwest, they’re having a big sale for fall flights using the code 40OFF —I checked, and my flights (if I were doing W&D this year) would be $30-40 off each way. The sale ends tomorrow, so check soon
I'm booked on points but I was able to shave 350 points off.

For anyone flying Southwest, they’re having a big sale for fall flights using the code 40OFF —I checked, and my flights (if I were doing W&D this year) would be $30-40 off each way. The sale ends tomorrow, so check soon
I was able to book my flights roundtrip and saved over $100 from what it was last week! My return flight on Monday the 6th is at 8:15 PM (because it was $100) so I guess I just added another park day. Whoops. 🤣

Thanks Naomeri! With a few clicks, I “changed” my return flight to the exact same flight and got a credit of a little over $100.

I’m back with another money-saving opportunity! Fall room discounts are available for the general public, Disney+ subscribers and AP (though the dates vary for each offer)

Last edited:
I’m back with another money-saving opportunity! Fall room discounts are available for the general public, Disney+ subscribers and AP (thought the dates vary for each offer)
I wasn't able to get anything cheaper for my November stay unfortunately.

I’m back with another money-saving opportunity! Fall room discounts are available for the general public, Disney+ subscribers and AP (though the dates vary for each offer)
I just got on to see if the room for our September stay would be cheaper with the D+ discount than the "up to 25%" discount we are currently using, and there's a queue up and running for booking rooms this morning. :upsidedow

ETA: so the D+ isn't for my dates, but ONE NIGHT at the poly in a studio on a Thursday was over $900???? What the heck.

Last edited:
I just got on to see if the room for our September stay would be cheaper with the D+ discount than the "up to 25%" discount we are currently using, and there's a queue up and running for booking rooms this morning. :upsidedow

ETA: so the D+ isn't for my dates, but ONE NIGHT at the poly in a studio on a Thursday was over $900???? What the heck.
Yeah I checked to see if I could stomach paying cash over borrowing points, and the answer is no. Nope-nope-nopedy-nope.

I looked at the AP rates for Mods and then laughed and laughed before booking a Value. Over $300/night for Port Orleans (I forget which, but it doesn’t
matter - it’s insane for either!)?! Hard pass, Mouse.

Anyone have experience with submitting a POT for a 10k? If I was reading the chart in this thread it just has to be under 1:00? I ran the Grandma’s half this last Saturday and came in at 2:17:19 while my husband came in under the POT. I had watch issues, so I didn’t realize I was that close, so now trying to figure out if I want to find another half or do one or two 10ks between now and Aug 1st.

Grain of salt so I don’t know if we should “talk about” it but apparently there is a casting call for a friend of Bruno… idk if this will be for party season and/or the Half especially with it being Encanto themed

Anyone have experience with submitting a POT for a 10k? If I was reading the chart in this thread it just has to be under 1:00? I ran the Grandma’s half this last Saturday and came in at 2:17:19 while my husband came in under the POT. I had watch issues, so I didn’t realize I was that close, so now trying to figure out if I want to find another half or do one or two 10ks between now and Aug 1st.
I don’t think you submit POTs for the 10k, just an estimated finish time.

As @nancipants said, there's no POT option for 10K races at Disney - you just select your estimated pace. However, if you're registering for a half (or 10 miler), you can use another 10K race as POT. Sometimes the specific time requirements shift a bit from race to race, but it looks like it's been about 1:01 the past few years. This thread has the details: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pot-proof-of-time-race-equivalency-cutoff-confirmed-times.3699036/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter