• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine Bar George Summer Wine Experience Reviews?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Anyone done this? I'm intrigued but can't seem to find any reviews. I think it's been going on for like a month now.

I love wine and enjoy Wine Bar George but hassle of leaving a theme park at lunch time to get to DS and the just over $100 price tag has me wondering if I really want to do this.

I have not done it, but saw it on my last trek out to DS but was with my daughters only and not my husband so figured I'm not treating them without him there to our favorite disney springs restaurant lol. It looks fun but I would agree, not sure it's worth the hike in the middle of a park day. I saw where a disney vlogger went recently but it was a small snippet of their entire video and didn't really provide any commentary but it looked like a fun time.

Have you done any of the wine events they offer?
I did one a while back, came with the Corksicle mug. Someone from the restaurant, I assume one of their Sommeliers came and went over each bottle with me at the table and I had some of each in the offering. It was wonderful and honestly, not expensive at all. If this is anything similar I would for sure do it

Have you done any of the wine events they offer?
I did one a while back, came with the Corksicle mug. Someone from the restaurant, I assume one of their Sommeliers came and went over each bottle with me at the table and I had some of each in the offering. It was wonderful and honestly, not expensive at all. If this is anything similar I would for sure do it
Nope, never done one.

Had a wonderful time at this event last week! It was a quiet event, about 9 people. George said they have up to 30 sometimes. He picked 6 different wines, walked us through how to tell what each one was by looking, smelling and eventually tasting. I can’t go do that myself with wine now lol but it was fascinating. He encouraged us to guess what we tasting and assisted by process of elimination and guided us to the proper answer. Such a fountain of knowledge and his passion for wine really showed through. We tasted 6 different wines, none of which any of us had ever tasted before. There was a large charcuterie board at each table for sharing among each other, our 9 attendees were split into 2 tables. Sit where you wish but you will be seated next to and sharing the charcuterie with strangers. Everyone was very relaxed and there to learn about wine, I think we had a similar knowledge set of close to 10 on a wine knowledge scale of 1 to 100 😆 The pours were perfect for a tasting. You could taste it and come back to it again but so much that you couldn’t enjoy a glass of wine after with lunch.

George mentioned he is enjoying these events and is looking to do more going forward on Mondays and Tuesdays. If you have a trip planned next month I’d keep and eye on the website to see if more get planned. He said he picks different wines every time so if you do it and love it feel free to book it again.

10/10 would do again next time I’m at WDW if it’s available. I felt it was worth the cost. I did lunch at WBG after, they had a DELICIOUS steak sandwich as the special. I cannot emphasize DELICIOUS enough, perfect way to cap off a great afternoon!

IMG_0317.jpegIMG_0318.jpegIMG_0319.jpeg

Had a wonderful time at this event last week! It was a quiet event, about 9 people. George said they have up to 30 sometimes. He picked 6 different wines, walked us through how to tell what each one was by looking, smelling and eventually tasting. I can’t go do that myself with wine now lol but it was fascinating. He encouraged us to guess what we tasting and assisted by process of elimination and guided us to the proper answer. Such a fountain of knowledge and his passion for wine really showed through. We tasted 6 different wines, none of which any of us had ever tasted before. There was a large charcuterie board at each table for sharing among each other, our 9 attendees were split into 2 tables. Sit where you wish but you will be seated next to and sharing the charcuterie with strangers. Everyone was very relaxed and there to learn about wine, no one was super knowledgeable and I think we had a similar knowledge set of close to 10 on a wine knowledge scale to 1 to 100 😆 The pours were perfect for a tasting. You could taste it and come back to it again but so much that you couldn’t enjoy a glass of wine after with lunch.

George mentioned he is enjoying these events and is looking to do more going forward on Mondays and Tuesdays. If you have a trip planned next month I’d keep and eye on the website to see if more get planned. He said he picks different wines every time so if you do it and love it feel free to book it again.

10/10 would do again next time I’m at WDW if it’s available. I felt it was worth the cost. I did lunch at WBG after, they had a DELICIOUS steak sandwich as the special. I cannot emphasize DELICIOUS enough, perfect way to cap off a great afternoon!

View attachment 793921View attachment 793922View attachment 793923
Thanks for sharing! I just booked this for next week Monday and am glad to hear what to expect (I was going to go regardless, but this just sounds like my purchase was a good idea). :)

Haven't tried it, but it sounds really fun. Depending on the number of wines, doesn't sound like a bad price. Especially if it is 90 minutes.

Just did this experience this afternoon and had a GREAT time! George is hilarious-he did a great job of dropping tons of great wine knowledge without coming across as pretentious, and also threw in some jokes. The wines were all delicious, as was the charcuterie. Definitely worth the money in my opinion. In fact, George said he mixes up which wines are in the tasting, so I plan to do this again in November when I'm back.

The one (so minor) annoyance is that it was hard to get to the charcuterie. As you can see from the picture PP posted, you've got a slew of wine glasses right in front of you, with others' glasses pretty much to the right and left. I had to reach up and over the glasses to try to grab anything off the platter, which made it hard to slice the cheeses or grab any of the 'softer' items (like olives, jams, etc.). The food was all delicious, it just was a bit of a challenge to get it sometimes. But really, such a minor annoyance in an overall great event! (I also took pictures, but they are pretty much the same as PP so nothing really new to add there).

Just got back and did this on the 25th and I can't recommend it enough. It was incredibly entertaining, informative and slightly humbling (look up the term watering back). As someone who thought he had a decent knowledge of wine I felt like a preschooler compared to George. Echoing gottalovepluto's post the tasting included a fantastic Charcuterie Board and 6 generous pours of some of George's favorites. Took just over 2 hours and I had a happy glow on when I went to Epcot later that day.

As my pics are similar to the ones above I'll just post the pic of the wines we tasted as those are always different.

20230925_134905.jpg

My son treated me to this event in August and I’m hoping to go again on my next trip. Definitely a great experience and well worth the price. One of the bottles we tasted from sells for $300. My usual wine tasting outings typically consist of standards like Malbec, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, etc., but George introduced me to so many other types of grapes and regions. Highly recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter