Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Were there PP photographers for the giant numbers for the race distances at the expo? Or should we expect to just take these ourselves? Planning ahead for MW...

To my recollection, there are no PP photographers at the Expo (other than the photographs that were taken pre-COVID for challenge participants, and of which we never received).

So something like this:

Which is outside the expo, is a self taken photograph.

Were there PP photographers for the giant numbers for the race distances at the expo? Or should we expect to just take these ourselves? Planning ahead for MW...
Selfies only…. Lots of people removing masks too despite signs posted saying they needed to be on due to being inside

To my recollection, there are no PP photographers at the Expo (other than the photographs that were taken pre-COVID for challenge participants, and of which we never received).

So something like this:

View attachment 634183

Which is outside the expo, is a self taken photograph.

In 2018 W&D had a Lady & the Tramp PP set up , 2019 W&D colonial Mickey had PP , this past W&D I noticed PP doing a magic shot outside

To those that've gone, how is the post-race party at EPCOT? Tentatively got my wife to agree to go based on the after party. We were at an after-hours event at MK this year (Very Merriest) and loved it. Enjoyed the lower crowds and lower wait times. For us EPCOT's about vibes and I see there aren't many rides/attractions even open, but how are crowds generally? Is it a pleasant experience?
I have done W&D twice and really enjoy the after-party. There are some rides open and you get a guide on arrival to let you know which ones. You can get in at 5 pm with your after party ticket, so I arrived at 5 pm and rode some stuff before the party. Didn’t bother too much after it started as the waits tend to get longer and I just didn’t care that much. The food and wine booths are open, so I wander around, get some food, watch whatever the evening light show is and have never come close to making to the end. If you are into characters, there are several out and some that are unusual to see normally. I like the vibe overall. It’s a bunch of runners and their families and people are happy/celebrating!

Not yet. Glad to know it’s not just me. Did you register for everything at the same time?
Have you by any chance received your challenge medals yet? I am still waiting. Maybe you and I are the only ones in this boat? Seems odd that we have not received anything . . .

Have you by any chance received your challenge medals yet? I am still waiting. Maybe you and I are the only ones in this boat? Seems odd that we have not received anything . . .

You are far from the only ones in the boat based on Facebook group posts. I don’t think the Challenge medals have been sent out yet.

To those that've gone, how is the post-race party at EPCOT? Tentatively got my wife to agree to go based on the after party. We were at an after-hours event at MK this year (Very Merriest) and loved it. Enjoyed the lower crowds and lower wait times. For us EPCOT's about vibes and I see there aren't many rides/attractions even open, but how are crowds generally? Is it a pleasant experience?

It was much better when it was right after you finished the night race but I still really enjoyed it in 2018. All the food booths were open and we had a lot of fun with practically no crowds.

You are far from the only ones in the boat based on Facebook group posts. I don’t think the Challenge medals have been sent out yet.
Ah - that makes me feel better then. I do not want to call or email about this if I don't have to, especially now that Marathon Weekend is upon us. Thanks for the help/insight!

Ah - that makes me feel better then. I do not want to call or email about this if I don't have to, especially now that Marathon Weekend is upon us. Thanks for the help/insight!

Email sent to runDisney 2021-Dec-29 inquiring into challenge medals, and still no reply. Will be sure to share if I hear anything! :-)

I think my W&D virtual challenge box is being delivered tomorrow!! UPS says I have a 5lb package coming from Disney Destinations Marketing, and I can’t imagine what else it could be.

Had not received reply from original runDisney email 2021-Dec-29, so resubmitted this Wednesday, 2022-Jan-12. Received a very prompt reply yesterday (the next day!) provided tracking information and confirmation of delivery. Go figure. Can finally celebrate virtual races and hang up the beautiful bling!

Oh runDisney, you crack me up! Better late than never I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter