Wine Lovers...red or white? Favorite?

Red, a Cab or Merlot.

During the warmer months, rose.

Most white gives me a headache, so I usually don’t drink it. But if I do, Pinot Grigio.

I live in the middle of wine country in CA, so we have a lot to chose from. Coppola and Viansa are some favorites.

Sulfa isn’t found in wine. Did you mean sulfites? I’d hate for you to be unnecessarily missing out! :laughing:

🤣🤣🤣

See I’ve had some docs and other people tell me that since I’m allergic to sulfa drugs that’s why I have bad reactions to red wine. I’ve had some docs tell me it isn’t related at all.

I had red wine once and had a horrible headache, throwing up, some tongue swelling and I felt awful. Same way I felt with my sulfa allergy except my throat started to swell with the sulfa drugs (had to get an epipen for that). I do have asthma and I’ve read that people with asthma are more likely to have sulfite allergies too. Either way they both make me violently ill.

White - Riesling in the summer and Sauvignon Blanc the rest of the time and I'm not above drinking White Zinfandel when there isn't a good white on the menu by-the-glass. I also love :lovestruc bubbles and will jump at the chance to try a new Prosecco or Cava.

I practically never drink red but I always have a bottle of blended red on hand for cooking.

My wife loves Moscato. It's a good summer wine when you're trying to chill out.

I really don't know enough about wine to buy the expensive stuff and appreciate it. Generally speaking, I just go to the LCBO Vintages section and buy a dozen sub-$30 (CDN) bottles based on ratings and staff notes. It's worked ok thus far.
:thumbsup2That's not a bad strategy. I never, ever drink beer so when I have to buy it I get whichever cans have the most appealing artwork. :laughing:

For reds I tend to go with a a Malbec or Rioja...my summer red is a Sangiovese since it's a bit lighter. When ordering for others at a restaurant I will tend to choose a red blend since they seem to appeal to a lot of palates.

🤣🤣🤣

See I’ve had some docs and other people tell me that since I’m allergic to sulfa drugs that’s why I have bad reactions to red wine. I’ve had some docs tell me it isn’t related at all.

I had red wine once and had a horrible headache, throwing up, some tongue swelling and I felt awful. Same way I felt with my sulfa allergy except my throat started to swell with the sulfa drugs (had to get an epipen for that). I do have asthma and I’ve read that people with asthma are more likely to have sulfite allergies too. Either way they both make me violently ill.
Nope, the two aren’t related — you just have bad luck on both fronts! :crazy2:

For reds I either go for a Pinot Noir or a Cotes du Rhone (My favourite is Louis Bernard). Whites, I am a moscato gal, Jacob's Creek from AU is my go to.

DW likes reds -- mostly Pinot Noir. The Pinot we see most often in restaurants is Mark West and it's very good.

I'm not a big wine fan, but I do like Yellowtail Chardonnay from Australia. Very smooth.

I saw a funny YouTube video about Miami culture, and in the video one of the girls asked the waiter, "What's your cheapest pink wine?" Obviously a connoisseur!

I only drink white. Red wine gives me a headache. My favorite wine is Pino Grigio.
The drink that will really give you a bad headache is cheap red wine. Usually more upscale reds don't do that.

I want to try some red wine again but I’m scared.
There are low- and no-sulfite red wines, as well as products that supposedly remove sulfites. I say “supposedly” because I’ve never personally researched the credibility of those products because I, fortunately, can drink gallons upon gallons of red wine without issue. ;)

Favorite is a Chardonnay from Glenora Wine Cellars in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. We use to get it shipped to our home here in Florida but, they recently stopped shipping to Florida. So, we now settle for Clos du Bois Chardonnay while in Florida.
Depends on the winery. I lean more white wines, my wife leans red wines. We live 40 miles from Lodi, California, a community with 85+ wineries. Many have white wines, but only one does white wines exclusively. So red wines prevail, and the region is known for it's Zinfandels.
And the dirty little secret, a big portion of the grapes used by Napa wineries, are grown in Lodi.

SO... It's interesting that there is a Lodi in the wine country in both CA and NY. I was in Ithaca NY for 2 years and DH and I were in Syracuse for 5 years, after which we moved to San Francisco for 3 years, so we are familiar with Lodi, as well as the wine regions, in both states!

I like both. I seem to always really enjoy the red blends. One in particular I like is Menage a Trois Silk. As far as whites, anything from an unoaked Chardonnay to good Champagne. Sparkling Rieslings are a favorite though, for sure.

Stag's Leap Artemis Cab is our go to when we're feeling a little spendy. For every day we love Juan Gil Monastrell. It's a beautifully smooth, fruity Spanish red.

I like to drink cold whites when it’s warm out and room temperature reds when it’s cold out (mulled wine when it’s freezing out!)

I really like Clean Slate, it’s a dry riesling that tastes more crisp than sweet. And I like all different Pinot noirs, Malbecs, Syrah/Shiraz... the key to red wine is putting it through an aerator. You can get one for $30 and it will make your red wines taste fantastic for the rest of your life 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter